Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Kro tan

Old 02-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default Kro tan

I am wanting to try taxidermy this year and seen this product in Van Dykes. It says that this is all you need , no pickeling or anything. Has anyone tried this product. Or do you have any better ideas of what I should try instead. This stuff sounds good but I want to make sure before I buy some.-Thanks
Old 02-09-2007, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Kro tan

It does work. Personally, I like other tans better, but that's just me. It's very easy for the beginner. Follow the directions very carefully, and do NOTforget the gloves and safety glasses. Use in a well ventilated area.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

I have never used it but they say it works. Make sure you follow the directions exactly from what i here. Just get some and try it on a scrap piece of skin first.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:22 PM

I have used it before and it worked very well.. Its just a lot of work for someone who has a lot of hides to tan. the best thing about kro tan is that is gives a great stretch for your hides. I really only use it for whitetails because its just less work compared to when i have used it on cape buffelo.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use it.. It works very well and sets the hair super tight. One drawback is that it will eat your skin off if you goof around. Wear gloves always and neutralizeyour skin well according to instructions and you will be good. Dont forget to neutralize the solution before you dump it down the drain also. PM me if you have any other questions.