Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 New ways to mout bucks >

New ways to mout bucks

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

New ways to mout bucks

Old 01-03-2007, 04:10 PM

Default New ways to mout bucks

was wondering what are new ways a different ways to mount deer antlers or heads..see i was planning on mounting my first buck if it is a big enough size

thanks/southern_hunter
Old 01-04-2007, 08:10 AM

Default RE: New ways to mout bucks

Check out www.Buckstumps.com

They come out withsome new mounts last year. I seen them at the Buckarama in Atlanta. Very Nice. And Priced right. Looks better than a European or a plaque mount hands down!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:49 PM

cool thanks
Old 01-06-2007, 04:52 PM

Here's my master plan...hehe. I don't know if something like this on that link or not. I do know I've never seen it before. Here it is: Have a nice buck (or heck, a monster buck if you feel special) and a good fat doe mounted together, just shoulders. Both mounts are on the same piece of wood. (It should be noted that a high-grade walnut, or exotic is what I'm picturing...and the wood alone is gonna be a pretty penny) Mount the Buck 3-5" higher than the doe and then have doe, with flattened or 'pinned' ears, trying 'nudge' or 'sniff' near the jaw of the buck while looking at him. Meanwhile the buck is just regal as all get out and is kinda gazing over the does head.

Don't really know if you would really see it in the woods...but I think it would be awesome.
Old 01-06-2007, 05:15 PM

ORIGINAL: Soilarch

Here's my master plan...hehe. I don't know if something like this on that link or not. I do know I've never seen it before. Here it is: Have a nice buck (or heck, a monster buck if you feel special) and a good fat doe mounted together, just shoulders. Both mounts are on the same piece of wood. (It should be noted that a high-grade walnut, or exotic is what I'm picturing...and the wood alone is gonna be a pretty penny) Mount the Buck 3-5" higher than the doe and then have doe, with flattened or 'pinned' ears, trying 'nudge' or 'sniff' near the jaw of the buck while looking at him. Meanwhile the buck is just regal as all get out and is kinda gazing over the does head.

Don't really know if you would really see it in the woods...but I think it would be awesome.
sounds like a awesome idea man but i couldnt do that with the budged my dad would have
Old 01-07-2007, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Old 01-07-2007, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Old 01-12-2007, 04:34 PM

Here's something that I think is different. Some of you may have seen it already but it was new to me. This is my wife's 1st deer and she wanted it mounted, though I can't blame her. Anyway, the taxidermist told us about this lil extra thing he can do if you bring in the whole cape. I think it turned out great. Check it out!