Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 A little help, please >

A little help, please

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

A little help, please

Old 11-12-2006, 10:21 AM

Default A little help, please

I got a decent eight pointer yesterday and am thinking about trying to mount myself with a kit from vandykes; http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/product/01508242/. The question I have iswhere do youmeasure the a, b, and c sizes? Any other insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-12-2006, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A little help, please

The best advise I can give you is to get some videos and watch them. What you are about to undertake is a job, I have been doing it for a few years and I still take 10 - 20 hours. If you don't have the experience and tools, your first attempt may prove very frustrating. First, I hate most Van Dykes forms, there are things about them that I just don't think are anatomically correct. In the Van Dykes catalog are the ways to measure A,B and C.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:08 PM

Default RE: A little help, please

NCTaxi,
Thanks for the input. On that note, does anybody have any really good how-to videos for whitetails that they would like to sell me? You can email me at [email protected].

Thanks