Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 please help - antelope forms? >

please help - antelope forms?

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

please help - antelope forms?

Old 10-13-2006, 08:35 PM
c j
Typical Buck

Default please help - antelope forms?

I just shot my first pronghornthis last weekend and I plan on getting it mounted.

I'm not sure what pose I want, though. I saw one mounted at a gas station that was upright with the head turned to the left, but the nose/chin was tucked back close to the neck, which made it look like he was arching his neck. I haven't seen anything like it on any websites. Was it probably a modified form?

If anyone could please post pics of different antelope forms/mounts, I would appreciate it. Thanks!
Old 10-14-2006, 07:58 AM

Default RE: please help - antelope forms?

Try Mckenzie
Old 10-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

It may have been modified. I don't get many antelopes, to date 0, but it is a simple mod.. Take pictures of the mount then take it to your taxidermist. Hope it helps
Old 10-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

It may very well have been an altered form. Do what the one fellow said and take a photo of the mount you like to your taxidermist and he should be able to buy a form and alter it to the pose you want. Go to taxidermy.net and look under suppliers and check out the different companies and the forms they offer you might find something else you like. I know Joe Coombs offers several excellent and unique pronghorn forms.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:34 AM
c j
Typical Buck

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm kicking myself for not getting a photo of that mount. Doubt I'll get a chance to get one anytime soon, either, as it's on the exact opposite end of SD from where I live and we're going to a different county this year for deer season. I have a buddy whose in-laws live out there, though, so maybe he'll be able to get a photo of it.

I've looked through vandykes and Mckenzie and a few other places but no luck so far. I'll try the others mentioned, though.

Thanks again.