Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Got a ???? for you taxidermist.. >

Got a ???? for you taxidermist..

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Got a ???? for you taxidermist..

Old 08-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Spike

Default Got a ???? for you taxidermist..

I am still waiting for my deer mount from Non.7 last year.......I guess my questiopn is how lond should it take??? this is my first one i have done. I have been getting frustrated because everytime i call to get a status its always one more month! When i droped it off he said April so at the end of april i called and he told me beginning of july, now its by the end of this month.... Am i being to impatient???
Old 08-10-2006, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Got a ???? for you taxidermist..

A year is not unusual. Most I would say are around 8 months average so you are right on schedule. Pestering him won't get you anywhere. Just the nature of the business. Taxidermists take in a ton of deer in a few weeks and then spend the rest of the year working on them. A taxidermy studio is run a little different than a pizza joint. Getting a quality job is more important than getting a quick one, IMO.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:27 PM

Hermbo, it should take as long as youve been told it would. When it goes beyond that, you have to cosider why, and depending on some different variables, move from there. I can tell you this, if you dont want a month later report, stop calling him each month. Just stop by and get a firm final date, or your stuff back. If it makes you feel any better, I tell my clients two years, and I still run over sometimes. I also stay in touch with them, so they dont feel as though Ive left town on them. I wish to get caught up someday, and I keep trying. In the meantime, I am always honest with them.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Typical Buck

hey yox, answer your phone
Old 08-10-2006, 11:39 PM
Spike

I have only called him twice....one the dates he told me too!!! I also paid it in full when i droped it off..Might come back to bite me[:@]But Im in Cali and he is back in Minn. so i cant go bye their....O well California deer season opens this weekend so ill get my mind off it for a while!!!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Typical Buck

Hello willy, I know your there???