Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Pros please rate quality of tax. work >

Pros please rate quality of tax. work

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Pros please rate quality of tax. work

Old 05-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pros please rate quality of tax. work

Old 05-24-2006, 01:23 PM

Default RE: Pros please rate quality of tax. work

Who mounted it ?
Old 05-24-2006, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why do you ask? Are you happy with it? Did you pay for it? If you want us to critique someone else's work, you won't get that from me. Probably won't from most I would guess. Sorry
Old 05-25-2006, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would say, just from what I can see, That it is not bad for a beginner and not good for a more experienced taxidermist. Need more use of reference in the eye and ear butt area. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Very hard to tell from the pics...
Old 05-26-2006, 04:36 AM
Banned

Looks good .
Old 05-26-2006, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

The mount was done by an experienced pro in my area. He has done other work for me that I am happy with and it is holding up well. This is my 05 mount that I am not entirely happy with. I posted the same picture on another hunting site and mentioned the taxidermists name thinking I was doing him a favor. Did not ask for opinions on the work on that site but got quite a bit from all three guys who run the sight. Unknown to me they all had taken a course in tax. years ago by my taxi. Well they had nothing but negative remarks to say about the mount and the taxidermist. I am thinking while it may not be the best quality they may have an axe to grind with the guy. That is why I was asking for unbiased opinions.....dabow
Old 05-26-2006, 09:42 AM

I like itbut I aint no pro just my .02
Old 05-26-2006, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: dabowhunter

The mount was done by an experienced pro in my area. He has done other work for me that I am happy with and it is holding up well. This is my 05 mount that I am not entirely happy with. I posted the same picture on another hunting site and mentioned the taxidermists name thinking I was doing him a favor. Did not ask for opinions on the work on that site but got quite a bit from all three guys who run the sight. Unknown to me they all had taken a course in tax. years ago by my taxi. Well they had nothing but negative remarks to say about the mount and the taxidermist. I am thinking while it may not be the best quality they may have an axe to grind with the guy. That is why I was asking for unbiased opinions.....dabow
Forgive me, you asked so we asked back as to who did it, thinking it was you or an amateur and did not want to hurt feelings, but that is not a pro-mount.
The ear butts are incorrect, the eye size is incorrect the ear position is incorrrect, there is no lip line or lip showing in the front, and i can't say anything about the nose because I can't see it, ears should not cover the antlers either.
If your paying money for this kind of mount then, take it to a better taxidermist.
That is as frank as I can get.
Look at my 15 year grandson's first mount and compare.

Peace
Old 06-06-2006, 08:45 PM

I AM Sorry But I DO Agree With Alex THE Hawk.
Bowstringpa

Quick Reply: Pros please rate quality of tax. work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.