Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 mount return time? >

mount return time?

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

mount return time?

Old 03-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: mount return time?

Thanks Bionicrooster!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:57 PM

nice mount nc, good work for a parttimer!
Old 03-09-2006, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks manboy! I hope that we didn't make anyone mad but mount time is one of the biggest issues with taxidermy. I hear it all the time, " my taxidermist told me 1 year and it's been 18 mo." If we as an industry will become more professional then we can expect to make more money. If we tell our customers a time frame and can't make that time we should be on the phone and let them know. My mother just about died (blood pressure 42 over 33) a month ago and I called my clients to let them know that it would throw me behind a little. Most taxis gripe about not making money and all, but if it's a business, let's treat it that way. Just my thoughts.
Old 03-09-2006, 06:54 PM

Nice mount...I like.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:14 PM

NCtaxi. KJM is a nutcase, and his only purpose is...doing what he accuses guys like me of! Did you see his CWD gas? He gave HIMSELF permission to reprint! Read it, its his own blog from his own site, and he takes the time to offer (himself) permission to reprint. Now thats arrogant! As for Earl, hes a friend of George, he was having some fun, you just misunderstood him.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sure seem like he just got loose from the armless white jacket. He seemed alright when I first started noticing his posts but now he just seems to have gone out there. So am I missing any other sites for taxidermy? You seem to know where the good ones are.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Fork Horn

shot this guy nov 2nd 2004....got him back in 6 weeks....the guy does his own tanning in house....hence the short turn-o-round....does like you takes in only a few....he does painting the rest of year...............bob

Old 03-15-2006, 07:17 PM

Must be Im slow...like your camera! It says 2004, yet you didnt kill the deer till the following year, lol. I know, its just the camera. Anyways, I guess being in biz as long as I have, we develop a backlog. Its got to be something, as I have that amount of work yet! Ill get it all caught up, wish me luck.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bill - are you saying that to convince us or yourself? Are you still judging? How about writing? Teaching? And you're gonna get caught up? And all the money you're getting from the other site - just counting all of it will keep you busy for the rest of the year? I hope you see as much humor in that as I did. Best of luck!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:04 PM

If i had 1 deer to do a year you would get it the same afternoon <lol

Yeah bill your just getting old and slow.

Quick Reply: mount return time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.