Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

a few pics

Old 03-04-2006, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default a few pics

Here are some completed mounts I done for a friend.The plaque's are solid walnut.
I have been doing this for quite sometime now,and have mounted several of my own as well.
Hope you all enjoy-----sorry about the pics,not top notch quality but will do intill I get a new camera

Old 03-04-2006, 05:34 PM

Default RE: a few pics

nice, i'm going to have to start doing mine that way, have got 8shoulders mounts, $$$
Old 03-05-2006, 06:12 AM

looks great. I know what you mean with the full mts.$$$$$$$$$$

I got a whole room full of horns that need to be displaied.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks great, I have started doing mine as skull mounts but yours look good too.
Old 03-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the compliments guys.
I have 3 head mounts myself and they can really add up.I do my own mounts on the plaque that arent going to get head mounted.I really like the way they are displayed.
The next project of my own will be the euro mount.Havent done one before but am willing to learn.
Old 03-05-2006, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Extreme, I just did my first euro mount this year of a little buck, let me know if you run into any problems, the first one can be a pain but now I know how to do it on the next one!

Old 03-05-2006, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bionicrooster,your euro looks great.Are you leaving it as is or mounting it on a display plaque?
How did you do it as well?beatles,boiled?
Do you do the whole head and just use the upper section? I have seen many done but never done one myself,it will be my next project.I really seem to get more satisfaction out of my trophies when I can mount them myself.But will leave the head mounts to an expert of course

These are my head mounts

I have a gentlemen do my mounts and am very pleased with the results.He is probably the best around my area.Again ,sorry about the pic quality.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bionicrooster,your euro looks great.Are you leaving it as is or mounting it on a display plaque?
How did you do it as well?beatles,boiled?
I am not sure yet what I am going to do with it, I live in a one bed room condo so not much room, my shoulder mounts take up enough room as it is. Probably when I get a bigger house I will put it on a plaque, but this one was just for practice, thats why I did a little guy first!

I did it by boiling for a short time, then stripping the meat, then I simmered it for awhile in hot water with some dawn dish soap to degrease it. Thats it! I did the whole bottom jaws too but I like it better as just the top....
BTW, nice shoulder mounts you got there.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

those look good man
Old 03-05-2006, 10:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Nice, real Nice!

Quick Reply: a few pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.