Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 The Finished Product in 30 Days >

The Finished Product in 30 Days

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

The Finished Product in 30 Days

Old 12-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: The Finished Product in 30 Days

very good looking mount.....and nice buck........here i am waiting 2 yearsfor a measly squirrel......last time i goto that guy! lol
Old 12-23-2005, 11:27 PM

DD, you know I was jerking your chain. Theres guys out there I know that can get 300 plus heads out in 8 to 12 months, every year. Thats alot of work! With time frame, the key is honesty. If youre told up front what the estimate might be, you can choose to wait or go elsewhere.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:43 PM

nice rack and great color
Old 12-24-2005, 12:36 PM

Would you post a pic of this same mount in 60 days please, specially the skin around the antler base ?

I would like to see what bone shrinkage will do to this area,Thanks
Old 12-24-2005, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Will be happy to .... thats an interesting thing to consider.

dd
Old 12-24-2005, 08:08 PM

Now that is a mojor cheep shot. Just like Bill Said your deer isn't theONLY one in the freezer and someone has to be next to last. How in the world did you manage to get yours back in one month? I've brought in 32 deer so far and we still have 2 weeks of deer season left.I tell all my customes 9 months wether I think it will be that long or not. I don't have a client base like Bill does either. I have a full time job and Taxidermy is a Hobby / Side Buisness. I give every deer personal attention whenI mount it. The problem with people now a days is they don't want to wait for quality! ! !

I am also interested in seeing pictures of this mount in the next 2 or 3 months. Thanks.....
Old 12-26-2005, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

A friend of mine will let them hang on his wall for a couple months at least to dry out and show their problems. He then does a final finishing and touch up and delivers it to the customer. I am sure that if any shrinkage occurs that your taxidermist would happily touch it up.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

How in the world did you manage to get yours back in one month?

My guess would be drypreserve and a days worth of labor. Realistically he could have got it back in as fast as two weeks using that method.

It don't look to bad Doc. Glad to see you have it home, congrats again.
[/align]
Old 12-26-2005, 03:13 PM

That is a helluva cool rack. Congrats.
Old 12-27-2005, 03:13 PM

That is not exactly true buckeyebuckhntr. You are correct thatI can bring in a deer in the morning and given I have all the supplies in the shop ready I can mount a Dry Preserve deer in a day and have it hanging on the wall drying that evening. The customer can take it home in about 2 weeks.

But their are also quicker tanning methonds that could have been used. One being a new tan called Krowtan. I have never used it butI have been told it is good. I have a bottle of it on the shelfI plan of pulling an extra cape out this week and trying it. One month was plenty of time to tan a cape and mount it, but he would have had to have gotten right on it.

Quick Reply: The Finished Product in 30 Days

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.