Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > After The Hunt > Taxidermy
 Where trophies go when the Housewife says "no" >

Where trophies go when the Housewife says "no"

Community
Taxidermy Tips and questions about taxidermy and the art of preserving the memory of your hunt.

Where trophies go when the Housewife says "no"

Old 07-23-2005, 04:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Where trophies go when the Housewife says "no"

I just came home with my elk mount yesterday and due to size the only place it would fit was over our living room stairway.Wifey O.K.ed it before hand and I even got a tape measure out to show her how far it would protrude from the wall and how high it would be to the ceiling.I hung it before she got home yesterday and was so please with it ,but when honeybuns arrived and saw it tears where flowing and I don't think they where tears of joy!I 'll let ya know if it ends up in the garage or stays,our prearranged deal was I would purchase her a new SUV in Jan . Maybe she ain't that bad she didn't ask for 2 Ferrari's
Old 07-23-2005, 08:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: dvdegeorge

I just came home with my elk mount yesterday and due to size the only place it would fit was over our living room stairway.Wifey O.K.ed it before hand and I even got a tape measure out to show her how far it would protrude from the wall and how high it would be to the ceiling.
You think you have problemsI just got my Moose mount back a few days ago and the SOB is huge. It is going to have to go over the stairs but, I will need to build a platform to stand on to mount it on the wall.As you can see I tried it in the living room but, that aint gonna work. I guess a guy could have worse problems in life

Old 07-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

Here is where it will sit till I move

Old 07-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Montana Bob that was FUNNY as chit .... and Stunt looks like your living the "High Life" with a Nice home ... Sports Cars ...so I was wondering if the "Dog House"is large enough to hold your trophy's ;&gt) ... or you might try Ebay...

DD
Old 08-02-2005, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Since a mount in the living room means no mount in the bed room I say the garage is a pretty good choice.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:31 PM

All my mounts go in my home office, exept for 3 duck mounts which I have in the Family room. I am addcited to collecting taxidermy, so it I am going to need to build a bigger office soon enough.
Heres my main wall.
W.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:32 PM

Heres one from my family room.
W.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

A lot of my mounts will stay at my parent's house. My old man gets a charge out of 'em, and my fiancee, well, let's just say that she doesn't.

I understand that turkey heads and big buck heads aren't exactly "Feng Shui," but all's fair in love and war. So, I've fought the good fight and met a common ground - "The Man Room." The Man Room is where I will house all my firearms, treestands, bows, dead animals, wine and other random "Man-o-vations."

Tenatively, once the "ManRoom" is full, the garage is the fallback. I'm confident that I'll have softened her up by then.

She says my mounted turkey is "creepy," and looks "like a big scary black chicken."The nerve... LOL
Old 08-12-2005, 06:51 PM

i wonder what a lawyer would say when you told him you were going to divorce your wife because she wouldnt let you hang your mounts where you wanted. i think the lawyer would understand
Old 08-13-2005, 09:27 AM

Ill give you guys a different spin...as a taxidermist all day long, I dont mind NOT seeing mounts in my home. So, my cronies and I call my showroom the "Manlair". We do, however, allow females in from time to time, lol. You know, I spend a lot of time in Ohio, in Amish country. They usually have an outbuilding dedicated to just mounts, antlers, and "collectibles". To anyone with the room and the means to do so, its really a great idea. Theft and fire protection is easier, no children unattended to touch, and better insurance rates. Oh, and no Christmas decorations from our beautiful but evil wives, either...

Quick Reply: Where trophies go when the Housewife says "no"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.