Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
nerve wrecking shoot off >

nerve wrecking shoot off

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

nerve wrecking shoot off

Old 05-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default nerve wrecking shoot off

Someone posted a thread about how many people did you help our teach about archery. So, yesterday was our club tournement, this means we the guy who has the highest score of 36 arrows at 25m is King for a whole year. I was prince last year and had the opportunity to school two guys, starting as two novices. They both trained hard and bought the right gear to match. last few months they turned from novices to competition and I had a hard time keeping up.
So the big day arrives and it seemed I had an off day, the x's didn't come easy. I stopped counting and was thinking I wouldn't be in the prizes. One guy shot consistently and we all tought this was going to be the new King.
After the tournement I texted my girl that I lost and had maybe a third place chance.
I packed up my bow and the judges came up to me, I had the same score as one of my trainees, still thinking is was for third place.
A shoot off would be done, three arrows highest score wins.
We shot the first three to a tie again, the second three arrows all so and the third three arrows I beat him with one point....
I was so nervous I almost drew without an arrow...
Turns out is was for first and second place, so I was King and one of the guys I helped train was prince. We both beat all the target archers and we both shoot hunting set ups....
Next year I'll be defending my title to people who I tought to shoot a bow.... and it won't be easy...
Old 05-26-2010, 04:45 AM
Fork Horn

Congrats. What kind of target archery was this?
Old 05-26-2010, 06:43 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by daddyshuntingirl
Congrats. What kind of target archery was this?
belgian and dutch competition is 1 arrow 25 meters, 30 shots on one target or vegas rounds 3 arrows 18meters on 3 targets, 30 shots.
FITA's are 30, 50, 70 and 90 meters.
I shoot them just to train my hunting skills.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

I've been bringing people into archery for over 40 years, and it's good to see some of them doing great in the sport.

I don't mind shooting against them, makes me work even harder.