Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

My Doinker DISH

Old 05-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Spike

Default My Doinker DISH

Ok. So I get back from the doctor's office to find this package on my porch. I immediately grab it up and can not wait to open it. What was inside you ask? A 12 Doinker DISH. This is to be going on my new bow which is supposed to be here sometime this week. But I could not resist. I took the vbar off of my red AM 35 which is waiting on a set of Doinker Fatties for unlimited class and put the DISH on. Grapped the allen pack, a couple arrows , took some pain med for the back and out the door I went. Now I did not spend a lot of time with it. I do not want to re-injure the back. I have a shoot this weekend. But I moved the weights around and right now this is working for me. Will do some more tetsing (playing) as the week progresses. They way I have the weights right now when I come to full draw, the level in the sight is dead on. No need to torque the bow to get it perfect. On the shot, it rolls forward just as my other stabs have done before. To be expected with all of the weight on the front. But also I noticed the bow was quieter than before and also there was less vibration in the grip area (known as hand shock).I love the way you can move the weight around to get just the right feel. So far I am loving this stab. Will have to do more testing as mentioned.

It actually measures 11 1/8th of an inch long with the supplied quick disconnect which leaves room for a vbar if so choose or more weights. Doinker says that the DISH will support up to 3 pounds of weight.

Is it better than all of the stabs on the market. No. In my opinion there is no "best" stabilizer out there. The one that is best is the one that works for you. But i will say that this is absolutely another option in the stabilizer market that you seriously need to consider when looking for a stabilizer.