Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
Smooth Stability Stabilizers >

Smooth Stability Stabilizers

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Smooth Stability Stabilizers

Old 09-06-2009, 08:29 PM
Spike

Default Smooth Stability Stabilizers

Got mine in the mail and can not be happier.

I have shot Doinker stabilizers since I first started shooting. They truly are excellent stabilizers. But once I put the Smooth Stability on, I could tell an instant difference. Instead of the circular movement noticed in my pins with the Doinker, it went to a slight side to side motion with Smooth Stability. Very little movement at all. It was truly great.

The weight of the Doinker I was shooting was 10.16 ounces compared to the 11.6 ounces with the Smooth Stability. That is only 1.44 ounces worth of weight difference. Not enough to tell.

Sound difference was not noticable with the human ear. I literally could not tell any difference.

What this all adds up to for me is this. I can now have the stability of a 24 inch doinker in a 12 inch Smooth Stability stab. That is excellent for me. I can now shoot hunter class and be as accurate as if I was shooting an open stabilizer.

Attached are a few photos. The Robinhood occured at 40 yards. What an excellent way to lose money.

When you get ready for your next stabilizer purchase, give Smooth Stability a try. They have several different lengths to choose from. www.smoothstability.com

Old 01-06-2010, 11:36 PM
Spike

An Ultra Elite does not use parallel limb technology and thus has a definite forward kick at the shot. It also tends to twist just a little bit on the shot because of forward jump and the imbalance created by the sight, rest and cable guard being on the same side of the bow. Traditionally I use one v-bar on the left side of the bow to counteract this effect. However, with the Smooth Stability installed without a v-bar, the twist and jump were significantly less noticeable. The large radius perimeter weighting definitely holds an advantage in this case over a stabilizer that does not move the weight away from the center plane of the bow.

After a couple hundred of shots in fairly rapid succession (I was chronographing these shots with different fletchings) my left shoulder started to become fatigued. At this point I removed one of the weights and continued shooting without rest. It was easier to hold the bow up with the lighter weight, but the side to side and torque stability was noticably lessened. Towards the end of the day’s shooting I slowed down the shots and put the additional weight back on the stabilizer. When shooting an arrow approximately every thirty seconds, I felt no fatigue and received all the benefits of the heavier perimeter weighting.