Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 my son and I shot today >

my son and I shot today

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

my son and I shot today

Old 02-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default my son and I shot today

Well,we got our 3-d season started today and it turned out to be a perfect day for it.It was 58 deg when we were driving home at 4:00.

I shot the advanced hunter class which I think is supposed to be eliminated this year but I digress.

My son shot the cub class,9-12 years old.

Started out bad because when we got out of the truck,my son realized he had forgotten his release.So I grabbed my Carter Fits me Too out of my quiver and we headed over to the practice range.He shot way left so we moved the sight and he was back on after a few arrows.Then we hit the range.He hit WAY right with the first arrow.Then the same thing on the second target.It took us 5 targets and 5,5's before we got him lined out.Then he started busting a few 10's.He even shot 3 11's and even ended the day with an 11.He did start to fatigue toward the end but hung tough and finished strong.

He ended up shooting a 229 with 2 misses and one was a misfired release that popped him in the mouth and he shot a 10 with the next shot.

I shot well considering the first shoot for me since last year and with a new bow.It was a relatively easy shoot due to our woods being destroyed from the ice storm and the club did the best they could to even have a range to shoot.Kudos to them.

I shot a 306 with 14, 11rings.My 4 ,8's really hurt my score but overall,I am happy with it.

BOTH of us did manage to pull out the win.[8D]

Old 02-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: my son and I shot today

Awesome man! Congrats on the win for both of you Wishi could have gone[:'(] I dont think i could've got you on the 306 tho. Good shooting.

Derek
Old 02-08-2009, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to both of you!!! Way to go.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

The ironic thing was I shot half way with my sight off about 1/2" to the right at 20 or so yards.I missed 3 or 4 11's on the first 15 just out to the right.Then I made the adjustment and I was money.
Old 02-08-2009, 06:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

I thought you were disqualified if you moved anything after the shoot started!

J/K!! [8D]

Congrats, buddy -- sounds like some strong shooting from the both of you for the very first shoot of the year! I've got my first one next weekend as well, but it's more of a really fun laid-back hacker-style with all the novelty targets. It'll be a good way to ease into it though.

Hope you had someone snap a pic of you AND your boy showing off your hardware together; that'd make a heckuva father-son moment!
Old 02-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I didn't take home a trophy,I donated it back to the club but I did accept a free shoot.
Old 02-09-2009, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you guys had a great time! Not too shabby with the shooting, either
Old 02-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tell the son Great shooting, You to Dad!
Old 02-10-2009, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome post. I could not even imagine sharing that kind of time with my son. He is only 3 and we play hunting in our house and that is a blast. Great shooting.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Him and my daughter were both on a 3-d range when they were 2.Neither have shot much over the past couple years but my son is starting to get the bug now.

Quick Reply: my son and I shot today

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.