Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 Absolute frustration! >

Absolute frustration!

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Absolute frustration!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:20 PM

Default Absolute frustration!

Ya'll.......I guess it's target panic, but this locking up below the target BS is positively driving me INSANE!! My pin LOCKS about 6" below the target......and ya'll, I'm tellin ya, there is NOTHING I can do to get it up where it needs to be. It is all but ruining me right now. You don't know how close I came to launching my beautiful Vectrix through the woods this evening. I mean, it was CLOSE. I'm so aggravated, I am nearly about to give up on the competitive thing this year, and hang it up.

I shot my league tonight, and I haven't shot that poorly in YEARS. I had 1 miss, and I don't even remember how many 5's.....I'm embarrased to give my score, but.....I guess it was just a growing pain. 200 possible, I shot a.....(drum roll please) 162.

I really cannot begin to explain how frustrating this really is. If I keep this up, ya'll are gonna have to send me a X-mas card to the insane asylum, cause that's where I'm gonna be......
Old 07-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Absolute frustration!

Yeah, that is pretty bad..... You suck

Just work your way thru it... I know you can do it... Heck, I remember when you told me you couldn't shoot a multiple pin setup....

Take control of yourself.... Set your stance and hand placement, hit a solidanchor andput the pin where it needs to be... Trust your float, achieve a crisp release and follow thru.... You will be fine.
[/align]
Old 07-01-2008, 09:59 PM

I was just wondering for just awhile try starting at the top of the target and droping your bow down. It helps me. I mean I'm not good by no means, but it's just a thought. Something to try until you get out of your funk.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:36 AM
Fork Horn

I would sayif you find yourself locking up before you can get your pin lined up where you want it to be, do not release the arrow. I think if you release the arrow in this situation, then in your mind everytime you get into that situation where you get locked up, you will release the arrow as if it is aimed correctly and you problem will never be solved.

What i would do is if you can't move the sight and you are locked, just let the arrow back down and take a few breaths and redraw and try again. I had this problem when i first started out in archery and have corrected it by not shooting the arrow if you can't get your pins lined up where you want them.

Another thing you can maybe try at your house is to pull your bow back and aim at the target but do not shoot. Hold it back and move the sight all around the target WITHOUT shooting. Get the confidence that you can aim anywhere on the target before actually having to release any arrows to that location. That might help you get over the pin lock.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Yeah, that is pretty bad..... You suck

[/align]
Yeah, I certainly did last night, that's for sure. But hey, at least I was honest and didn't blame it on the "mysterious moving rest."

Thanks for the vote of confidence bro....I'm gonna work on it for sure. I can't keep up this way.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Been there, done that mobow. I can't consistantly shoot a wrist strap for that reason. I can make a few good shots with it but after that, its all over with.

It honestly couldn't hurt trying a backtension mobow. Even if you just practice with it, it will ease off the target panic, thats for sure.

This man, when it comes to shooting awrist strapis TOP NOTCH.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

try this mobow

http://www.robinhoodvideos.com/prod03.htm
go down the the very bottom release... I tried it out at Metropolis and it would help you out a lot!!
Old 07-02-2008, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep,the dreaded tp when starting to try and get serious.Proper steps have to be taken to get serious and learning how to properly aim and execute proper BT are a must to be succesful in the competition arena.IMO,if you try to skip a step,tp is more than likely to creep in.

Time for aiming practice and blank bails.A bt release could also be a help.
Old 07-02-2008, 07:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Don,

I'm planning on coming to shoot St. Clair on July 13... after the shoot, we can work on some aiming drills together and I'll also bring my Carter release to let you try. Don't give up yet; we'll work through it.
Old 07-06-2008, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

AWH hang in there missy, you just need a hug

Quick Reply: Absolute frustration!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.