Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 T-Minus 72 hours... >

T-Minus 72 hours...

Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

T-Minus 72 hours...

Old 06-23-2008, 10:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default T-Minus 72 hours...

In T-Minus 72 hours I'll be on my way to Illinois for the Metropolis ASA. . It's about a 6hour drive from here.

I'm really excited about the shoot, but I'm more excited to ride around looking at deer during the night. I'm expecting to see some bruisers so you Illinois guys better not dissappoint me! [8D]

I'm staying in Paduca (sp?), KY. If anyone is close, and would like to have dinner or something, I'm willing to atleast meet up with someone. It'll just be me and a buddy up there.

On a serious note, this is my second ASA, and I've put more time and effort in the last 2 weeks than I have my whole time shooting. I usually shoot a lot as it is, but these past two weeks, it's been a lot more. I've EASILY shot 500+ arrows in the last 7 days. I've also spent upwards of 4 hours judging yardage. I've had orange cones, and everything out, just practicing the yardage, everyway I can. I hope the work pays off, and I'm sure I'll keep you guys up to date. I'll have my laptop with me.

But I'm expecting to see some deer! I'm also taking my camera, I'll have plenty of pictures to share Monday.

If anyone is in the nearby area and wants to meet up be sure to PM me and I'll do my best to meet up with someone. I'm going to be at the mercy of my buddy though, he's driving.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: T-Minus 72 hours...

Good Luck Bud.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck,I won't be able to make it over.My daughter is playing a softball tournament and my son is playing a baseball tournament that weekend.

I MIGHT be free Friday because I am on vacation this week so there is a small chance I can catch up with you for a little while.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck Matt.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:47 AM
Bartender

Matt becareful at night when looking at deer especially if you pull into a field to shine your headlights on them.
Shinning is illegal in IL and they will ticket you for something like this.
Good luck and keep us posted.

T
Old 06-24-2008, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Matt- I have hunted in Metropolis at the park in town with my pops. There are some huge deer in the fields around there and nearby at Dog Island. Check the beanfields at night but be careful, like Peakrut said they like to pick on shiners.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Matt

I was there today....I shot horrible(Billy Dover sure knows how to set-up a Course). I shot with Carl Atkins hes a Senior Pro from Texas.

I'ld like to meet up.....pm me ur number and I'll give u a call Sat. when your class isnt shooting ( Open C Right?)

but.. Overall....I had fun today!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've heard it's a good course. I'm not really sure how much time I'll have Saturday.

What ranges did you shoot?
Old 06-25-2008, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

There was only one open..and it didn't say wat one.

After the shoot..I watched them take all the stakes out...and then their was even more UTVs comin in..thye were switching targets and going to another Range.

Old 06-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

How were the skeeters?

Was it really muddy?

Quick Reply: T-Minus 72 hours...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.