Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 Nervousness, anticipation, and excitement >

Nervousness, anticipation, and excitement

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Nervousness, anticipation, and excitement

Old 05-24-2008, 08:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Nervousness, anticipation, and excitement

Well, I have to say I'm very excited to shoot my first ASA in less than a week. I'll be leaving EARLY Friday morning and heading up to London, with a few other guys. I don't think I'm going to participate in the ProAm but I'll probably be found on the practice range during this time. I talk to Adam Hayden and have had the pleasure of shooting with him many times, not to mention he used to work at the shop I work at now. So, the ProAm isn't as important to me lol.

I'll be shooting Open C, I'm going to register at the shoot so I don't have my Range/Target assignments yet. If anyone else is heading up and shooting let me know, we might be able to meet up.

If not, I'll let you guys know how I do.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nervousness, anticipation, and excitement

Good Luck, Matt. Go smoke 'em
Old 05-25-2008, 09:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you have a chance,shoot the pro-am,it gives you a chance to step on actuall ranges(probably not yours and the stakes change for the real shoot)in the actuall setting you will be competing in and discuss the yardage with good shootersand get a feel forthe land.PLUS,you will have a chance to take a little cash out of it.

It will also give you a chance to work off some of the nerves before it really matters.

I had more fun shooting the pro-ams than I did the actuall shoots.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Best of luck to ya Matt Seemed like yesterday you were just a kid on the forums, it has been fun watching you grow upand become a hell of a shooter Let us know how you do!!
Old 05-28-2008, 07:18 PM

Just remember to have fun. Like TFOX said try to shoot the pro-am to get some of the nerves out. I shot my firstASA shoot last month in Augusta and I didn't shoot the pro-am and really wish I did. I think it really would have helped. Good luck and let us know how you do.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: FlAllyGuy

Just remember to have fun. Like TFOX said try to shoot the pro-am to get some of the nerves out. I shot my firstASA shoot last month in Augusta and I didn't shoot the pro-am and really wish I did. I think it really would have helped. Good luck and let us know how you do.
I'm still not sure if I'll shoot the ProAm or not. I honestly think I'd just rather shoot the practice range while the ProAm is going on, but that's just me.

I'm heading out in the morning, I believe I'm taking my laptop, so I may keep you guys updated.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck and make sure you have a set 12 ringyardage and don't deviate from it.You should know what you can consistantly hit it and past that,you can cost yourself a bunch of points.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to be nervous about. Just go there, trust what your have learned about the game at this point, and realize that if you win or end up on the bottom of the pile no one's gonna remember in a week. It's not really that big of a deal..........just another shoot. Just go there, work on picking good numbers each target, and work on setting up the perfect shot each target. Occupy your mind with these things, and don't mentally exhaust yourself with being concerned with your score or anything else, go have a good time and when your not on the stake relax a bit and have some fun. If you do happen to shoot a few 8's or even some 5's don't mentally check out. If your missing chances are most others are too. If you can help it make sure you aren't the one keeping score too........it helps if you aren't looking at the card IMHO.
Old 05-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Nothing to be nervous about. Just go there, trust what your have learned about the game at this point, and realize that if you win or end up on the bottom of the pile no one's gonna remember in a week. It's not really that big of a deal..........just another shoot. Just go there, work on picking good numbers each target, and work on setting up the perfect shot each target. Occupy your mind with these things, and don't mentally exhaust yourself with being concerned with your score or anything else, go have a good time and when your not on the stake relax a bit and have some fun. If you do happen to shoot a few 8's or even some 5's don't mentally check out. If your missing chances are most others are too. If you can help it make sure you aren't the one keeping score too........it helps if you aren't looking at the card IMHO.
Agree and I was getting ready to tell you the same thing about keeping score,especially at your first big shoot.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks guys.

I just got off the range and I'm at the Hotel. We really didn't have anything big today. I got registered, and shot a lot at the practice range. I shot pretty well. We decided to shoot the known distance shoot but I didn't fair too well because I really was worn out at that point. I'm going to shoot it again Sunday, after being rested.

Tomorrow is the big day though. I'll update tomorrow night.

Quick Reply: Nervousness, anticipation, and excitement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.