Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 Have you ever "cleaned" a course? >

Have you ever "cleaned" a course?

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Have you ever "cleaned" a course?

Old 05-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Have you ever "cleaned" a course?

Have you guys ever "cleaned" a course? Meaning, have you ever shot a full round and finished without shooting any 8's, 5's, or 0's?

I came extremely close to doing it this past Sunday. I finished a 30 target course with only 2 8's. 40yd max, and shot 10 up.
Old 05-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Have you ever "cleaned" a course?

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Have you guys ever "cleaned" a course? Meaning, have you ever shot a full round and finished without shooting any 8's, 5's, or 0's?

I came extremely close to doing it this past Sunday. I finished a 30 target course with only 2 8's. 40yd max, and shot 10 up.
Yep, I've done it. I watched Jawshooter shoot a 40 target course clean as well with 20X's. Let me tell you though, there is a big difference between cleaning a courseand shooting 2x 8's. I've shot 2-3 8's on a 30 target/50 yard max course probably 15-20 different times and only cleaned one course in my life.

First time I came close I shot all 10's and something like 16X's (30 target course) and then shot a 5 on the last target.........a 28 yard turkey. Sad thing is that I was on the button with the yardage, it was a pure choke. [8D]
Old 05-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rick James

Yep, I've done it. I watched Jawshooter shoot a 40 target course clean as well with 20X's. Let me tell you though, there is a big difference between cleaning a courseand shooting 2x 8's. I've shot 2-3 8's on a 30 target/50 yard max course probably 15-20 different times and only cleaned one course in my life.

First time I came close I shot all 10's and something like 16X's (30 target course) and then shot a 5 on the last target.........a 28 yard turkey. Sad thing is that I was on the button with the yardage, it was a pure choke. [8D]
Pretty impressive stuff Matt.

How have you been shooting lately, I was hoping you'd respond.

Have you been shooting a lot?
Old 05-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

No i have never done that but i hope to do it one day i just started this year though
Old 05-19-2008, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pretty impressive stuff Matt.

How have you been shooting lately, I was hoping you'd respond.

Have you been shooting a lot?
Shot 3 shoots in April and took 1st two times, and second once (losing to an IBO Open Pro shooter). Since then I haven't touched the bow in almost 3 weeks, been too busy with home improvements and turkey hunting. This upcoming weekend is my last weekend turkey hunting and then I'll start to focus on shooting more 3D, I'll likely start this weekin the basement doing 10 yard drills to clean my shot up a bit.

Since moving I have let my membership atthe sportsmans club lapse because that one is now 20+ miles away, and I haven't had access to a place to shoot past 10 yards with any consistency. I'm in the process of joining a different club close to home (only 5 miles)so hopefully I'll have a place to shoot out past 10 yards here soon. I'llbe really starting to shoot heavy toward the middle of next month, Jawshooter and I are planning on going to worlds in August.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have never cleaned a course and I agree with RJ,there is a huge difference in 2 8's than totally clean.

I have shot 2 8's on many courses and even did it this year and I have only shot 3-4 times this year.Once last year.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

At a known distance shoot this year I shot a clean 30 targets for 22 up. I was shooting well and it didn't hurt the course was short.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have cleaned the HC stake twice. One was a gimmie though... It was the first set of the year and it was short, maybe 2-3 shots over 25 yards.

My two clean shoots were bothon 30 target courses.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Where are IBO worlds held at?
Old 05-19-2008, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Used to be Snowshoe WV.... Moved to New York this year.

Quick Reply: Have you ever "cleaned" a course?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.