Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

tips on 3d shoot

Old 04-07-2008, 10:49 AM

Default tips on 3d shoot

what are some tips for 3d shooting
Old 04-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: tips on 3d shoot

Here's two of them for easy arrow removal try rubbing the shaft of the arrow with a piece of soap and if your using an arrow puller , make sure you have good grip on the shaft and give it a twist as your pulling it out.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Fork Horn

Practice judging distance!!! It dosent matter how many arrows you can stack at 20,30 or even 40 yards....you'll never hit what your aiming at if you cant tell how far the target is!! This will take a lot of practice. Tip...carry your rangefinder with you everywhere and just start guessing the distance to things then check with the rangefinder
Old 04-07-2008, 06:10 PM

Like Jaws said, practice your ranges. If you don't have a range finder step thingsoff until you can get one. I am not super good at it yet but I am getting there. I work on a construction site so I am constantly stepping things off. Also at my local shop, they have a range with bags set up with sponge animals on them. Me and a few friends walk the course and don't shoot from the stakes though they have alot of ranges on them. We just walk around and someone will just stop and call out a shot. That has really seemed to help me alot. Also a good pair if binoculaes, can't get close if you don't know where to shoot. I also carry a stool with a small tackle devider with parts in it and a kickstand for my bow. Some weekends it gets backed up and its nice to have a place to sit. Hope some of this helps.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw friend that shoot some 3D and he had a tube setup on his quiver/chair and the tube had KY in it...dip the arrow in and removal was easier he said! I woulda never thought of that!