Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 Why I like IBO better than ASA..... >

Why I like IBO better than ASA.....

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Why I like IBO better than ASA.....

Old 03-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Why I like IBO better than ASA.....

GMMAT,what you are doing is fine but if you plan on shooting nationally in the bowhunter class,you MIGHT want to step back LOCALLY.I really think all Ausie is trying to say is don't get a false sense of security.

The national level bowhunter will not be anything like your local level bowhunter class,atleast not in my experience.The max might be the same but the average will go way up.So will the competetion.If you plan on competing at THAT level(,which I assume you want to just from reading your post,youseem to be verycompetetive)stepping back a class would be good practice.

You ARE doing GREAT,especially for a first year shooter and you are doing it the right way.You have concentrated on learning form and technique which is crucial and the results are proving it.

BUT,whatever you choose as your course of action,have fun traveling down the path.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:52 PM
Dominant Buck

I appreciate if T........but I think he called it the Kiddie Stake, twice....in two of my threads. Doesn't sound like constructive advice, to me.

I AM doing exactly as you say. I have to shoot at each one of the host clubs to qualify for the championship. Once I get that established......I can shoot all I want at the rear stake (40 yd). I plan on doing that.......and I've shot the 40 yd stake 3 times this year....and he 35, once (with two 2nd place finishes). It'll be nothing but 40 yd for me in a few weeks.....until we get to the circuit championship or the ASA states (VA nd NC). 2nd leg of the IBO will be 35yd, also.

Thanks for your advice.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Another thing, T.......

The circuit I shoot in allows a lens from the 40yd stake. I've heard that a lens can cause your POI to be different.....AND I don't wanna have to fool with a clarifier.

I AM competitive.....and I want to compete against guys shooting the same setup I am bound to......or I wanna take advantage of everything at their disposal. I just don't wanna tinker with my setup each week. I don't evn wanna tinker with my setup between sanctioning bodies (ASA and IBO). I'm shooting 278fps right now on this setup......but I know where it's going.

Another reason it's dificult to move back and forth.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would shoot whatever equipment you are going to shoot at the big shoots every weekend,if that means taking a forfeit(after qualifiing)then so be it.

I shot my best when I removed my lens from my scope.My eye sight is good enough to find a spot through my binos and pick it up with my naked eye,but when shooting a lens,I could never find that spot again.If I used a clarifier,then I could see the spot but my pin got so big I couldn't hit it.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why was I dragged down in all of this?

What I'm doing indoor is nothing more than a 12ring shoot out...

Jeff what your doing is exactly what you should be doing. I jumped in Mens Unlimited (MBR) with both feet and successfully took what I wanted to take from it. Back then, I wish I would have started in Hunter Class though I'm not sure I would have come away with the same kind of accomplishment but I'll never know, I went in over my head before I knew I could swim.

Your doing nothing more than what Matt has done and kudos to Matt for some great shooting and success's. He's now or trying to be at where I once was. I've lost alot from those years. We'll see where or what I want to do with 3D in my future. I've done the IBO thing, I've done the ASA thing and I don't have the time or $ to do it again, MAYBE. We'll see what I want to do with it this year.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:38 PM
Dominant Buck

Why was I dragged down in all of this?
You were dragged into nothing. I simply used your recent shooting as an example.

Isn't this supposed to be fun???
Old 03-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'm having fun.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:50 PM
Dominant Buck

Well heck....I just found out the ASA pays out, too......lol. I got an email saying my ASA check was int he mail, too.

I like them both, equally, now lol
Old 03-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Well heck....I just found out the ASA pays out, too......lol. I got an email saying my ASA check was int he mail, too.

I like them both, equally, now
Was my word not good enough? LOL
Old 03-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Dang, SC....sorry. Someone else said hey didn't....and I just didn't know!

It was my first qualifier in EACH!