HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Target Archery (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/target-archery-95/)
-   -   How fast have you set up a bow and shot in a tournament? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/target-archery/236264-how-fast-have-you-set-up-bow-shot-tournament.html)

GMMAT 03-07-2008 01:09 PM

How fast have you set up a bow and shot in a tournament?

I JUST got the call my new bow is in......Bowtech Constitution.:)

I think I'm gonna set it up, tonight.......shoot it tomorrow....and shoot in the 3D tournament with it on Sunday.

Am I nuts?

MGH_PA 03-07-2008 01:16 PM

RE: How fast have you set up a bow and shot in a tournament?

Nope, have fun with it. If it was a leg in the IBO triple crown, I would say no;) Make it a fun "test" for you. See if you can do it all and be ready for Sunday, AND beat your PR:D Seriously, sometimes setting what seems to be an outlandish goal can be the best driving force.

BGfisher 03-07-2008 01:18 PM

Seriously? About two hours to set up and sight in for 20 yards. Maybe another hour to sight in out to 80 yards. Not perfect, but pretty close.

GMMAT 03-07-2008 01:20 PM

Yeah but I'm worried about all the little intricacies.

Other thing is....my current bow has the rest and stabilizer I'm gonna put on thsi one.....and I KNOW it's dialed in. So....I'm messing up the one I know is right to hopefully get the next one right.

Gotta happen sometime......might as well be tomorrow.

Matt / PA 03-07-2008 02:39 PM

Chances are you'll be shooting about every weekend anyway so no better time like the present.
Seriously Barry is right it doesn't take long to get it dialed in. The tedious stuff is fitting the peep, nocksets and loop and then tuning. Thats all stuff you can do in the house in your basement at night though.

You'll be fairly dialed in to Hunter Class yardages in 1-2hrs tops. Then refine it the following weekend before the big one.

Heck back in 2003 I took a Bowtech Patriot out of the box at 1:30PM, set it up, sighted it in in my back yard in 1hr, showered, and then killed a big 6pt buck at 3:35PM.
Now THAT's turnaround.;)

TFOX 03-07-2008 02:45 PM

I shot a tournament in open class and when I finished,I changed the sight,rest andarrows to a hunting setup and shot a tough man shoot which I won.[8D]

GMMAT 03-07-2008 07:03 PM

It's set except for a D-loop. If I had a 30yd stake tournament tomorrow....Id sight it in at the sight. The shoot tomorrow was a 40yd shoot....and I'll just stay here and get ready for Sunday.

Thans for the encouragement. I set this bow up by myself....with the assistance of my pro shop owner.

Felt great!

TFOX 03-07-2008 07:10 PM

If you had a ballistic program such as on target II,you could set pin gap tonight and when you got to the shoot,you could set your 40 and be dead on with all.I have done that kind of stuff alot.

buckmaster 03-07-2008 07:47 PM

Jeff, rememeber last Sunday? I was out at one 1:00 am sat. night getting sighted only to redo almost everything sunday morning and shot my best ever:D;)

RuttNutt 03-08-2008 10:25 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I JUST got the call my new bow is in......Bowtech Constitution.:)

I think I'm gonna set it up, tonight.......shoot it tomorrow....and shoot in the 3D tournament with it on Sunday.

Am I nuts?
Great question there doc.......yer da man.....