Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Target Archery
 Your Favorite 3-D target... >

Your Favorite 3-D target...

Community
Target Archery Paper, foam or video screens, all things related to target archery. (Please use the IBO forum for IBO related posts)

Your Favorite 3-D target...

Old 03-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Your Favorite 3-D target...

You guys probably already know mine... Whats your favorite?

Old 03-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your Favorite 3-D target...

I love gators and for some reason have a really good track record on them. Last year I only came across 2x of them, and put X's on both. The second one was a 47 yard gator sitting on a large rock......lots of arrows broken that day. [8D]
Old 03-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

I guess I should like the velociraptor. I'm 2 up on two trips by that thing.

I, for some reason.....like javelinas and wolves. I actually DON'T like deer targets that much. They're usually hard to pick a good (reference) spot on.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I guess I should like the velociraptor. I'm 2 up on two trips by that thing.

I, for some reason.....like javelinas and wolves. I actually DON'T like deer targets that much. They're usually hard to pick a good (reference) spot on.
That's funny you say you like wolves, they are my nemisis, at least the McKenzie ones, they used to play havoc with me. They were very large compared to deer targets and colored okay but something about them, I usually undershot them. I never could figure it out. Damn things. LOL Now I don't mind the Reinhart ones at all.

My favorite was/is the elk. Something about it just keeps me on that mountain when I shot my bull and leading up to it I practiced on many, many of them.

Second has to go to Pronghorn targets because they were always something different.

Now most of my likes and dislikes were generated from ONLY McKenzie days, now there are so many.....
Old 03-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dunno as of yet - 1st 3-d in about 10 years Sunday

It aint the warthog, dont like the bears, cougars -- like the white MTN goat I dunno yet - but they are fun
Old 03-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

My best target might be the Mt. Lion, or any deer.

My worst target has always been the little african Black Buck. No idea why. I see it and just go.........[:'(]Javelinas are a close 2nd.
Another target that is tough is the walking brown bear McKenzie. It has a very small 10 ring in relation to it's size and not much definition to pick a spot. Same with the Russian Boar.

Old 03-04-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

My worst target has always been the little african Black Buck
The Pony??

ask Jeff....
Old 03-04-2008, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

I kinda liked the earless calves they had at forsyth.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

My worst target has always been the little african Black Buck.
I hate that target too. That one, the puking turkey, and that rock critter bobcat that's climbing down that you have to shoot in the shoulder blade are the ones I hate the most.

The black buck is smaller than most deer targets, and throws your depth perception off every time. The turkey has those stinkin brown spots all over the 10 ring area, and because of that you can't really see where the 10 ring is, and you don't really know which brown spot to hold on, and that bobcat.......well it just sucks. I really don't like that target at all..........[8D]
Old 03-04-2008, 03:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can't really say I have a favorite target.... I don't really hate any of them either. I can however honestly say I have had some choice words after shooting the gobbling turkey on a few occasions though

I took this pic a few yeas ago to use as a background photo for my PC after a I ended a serious "X" drought on these buggers....

Quick Reply: Your Favorite 3-D target...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.