Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Colo merriams or big game for gobblers >

Colo merriams or big game for gobblers

Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Colo merriams or big game for gobblers

Old 03-31-2018, 05:44 AM
Spike

Default Colo merriams or big game for gobblers

I hunt trophy deer, elk, antelope, bighorn, mtn goats, and moose in Colorado and Wyo. I would be willing to share either information or a hunt in either state. I am mostly interested in gobblers in Kansas, South Dakota, or Wyoming but am also open to suggestions. I hunt merriams here in Colo and may be willing to swap a Colo merriams hunt.

I also have access to a giant private ranch in Wyo for trophy antelope. It would take close to max pts to draw but there is a great chance for B&C size bucks.
Old 03-31-2018, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

How many Sheep and Moose tags have you drawn in CO and WY?
Old 03-31-2018, 07:51 AM
Spike

My son and I have drawn 3 Colo sheep and 2 mtn goat tags so far. I drew a Wyo moose tag in Wyo several years ago and harvested a dandy bull with bow. We are expecting to draw our 2nd mtn goat tags and my 3rd sheep tag any year now. I've also been on over a dozen sheep and mtn goat hunts with friends over the years here in Colo. Several of these hunts were with nonresidents. It's obviously tougher draw odds for nonres....but not impossible! I also spend a great deal of time in Alaska...and am aware of some great fishing and hunting options there as well.

I picked up gobbler hunting around 6 years ago and enjoy turkey hunting as much as anything. I would also be interested any new and exciting hunting or fishing trips.

I do an incredible amount of scouting and research to figure out strategies to hunt areas that often get overlooked and offer fantastic experiences. I've shared some great hunts with other hunters over the years and am always open to new and exciting adventures to share! I'm aware of a few big game options that can be hunted every year and also keep tabs on units that take a pile of points to draw. Whether you have 0 pref pts in Colorado or Wyoming or a pile of pref pts stashed away there are some great hunting options. I'm always open to sharing hunts with others....it's often a win-win situation on both sides! I have lots and lots of photos I can share with anyone interested in a fair swap.

Thanks for your interest!
Jim
[email protected]

Last edited by jims; 04-01-2018 at 06:04 AM.
Old 06-02-2018, 05:34 PM
Spike

MO- Whitetail, Turkey or Paddlefishing

OK- Whitetail, turkey or hogs

​​​​​​​TX- Mule Deer or Aoudad