Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Swap Hunt Drama . . . >

Swap Hunt Drama . . .

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Swap Hunt Drama . . .

Old 11-15-2017, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Swap Hunt Drama . . .

Over the past couple of years I have read on here about Swap Hunts gone bad. People not delivering what was promised, lack communication between the two parties involved, or just bad behavior. I wanted to give a little perspective from my experience.

A number of years ago put up a Swap Hunt thread for my property in Colorado. I had a tremendous response and answered every inquiry. I’m sure I was a pain in the butt, but I asked a lot of questions and encourage them to do the same. I settled on a couple of swaps for whitetails, one in Ontario and the other in Iowa.

I just completed the second swap. Not only was I successful on both swaps and had a great time, I met 4 great people that I now consider good friends. Really, that was the best part of the swap. I expect that we will be friends for a long time and take advantage of each of our hunting opportunities.

The guys from the first swap came out to my place two years in a row as one didn’t draw a Mulie tag the first time. They both took nice Mulies and a cow elk. The Iowa guys are coming out next year and I can’t wait to show them around the Rockies and all it’s glory.

When setting up a swap make sure you are honest and don’t exaggerate. Get a feel for the other person to make sure you are compatible. Nothing worst than spending a week in camp with someone you can’t stand. I know it kind of sounds like online dating for hunters, but it’s really important that you are all on the same page. If it all works out you will get to see cool places and save a pile of money in the process.

Have fun and enjoy . . .
Attached Thumbnails Swap Hunt Drama . . .-21d6ffa5-7e5e-440e-942c-027e62fb7bca.jpeg   Swap Hunt Drama . . .-e4c7305f-999c-4a05-b267-ea1755420410.jpg  

Last edited by Rob in VT; 11-15-2017 at 06:19 PM.
Old 11-15-2017, 04:30 PM
Spike

Very well said Rob!