Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
Arctic fox and seal hunting in Iceland >

Arctic fox and seal hunting in Iceland

Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

Arctic fox and seal hunting in Iceland

Old 03-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Spike

Default Arctic fox and seal hunting in Iceland

I am new to this website, but wanted to check and see if people were interested in a hunting trip to Iceland.

On my family farm and large private land, we have the opportunity to hunt arctic foxes, seals, minks and various birds.

You could obviously bring your own guns (which is not very complicated) or borrow guns from me.

For your information: Iceland is not that far, just a 5 hour flight from New York for example and Icelandair (for example) offers daily non-stop flights to/from various US cities.

If you want more information about hunting in Iceland or anything, don't hesitate to ask.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

sounds interesting. Tell me more
Old 03-18-2014, 02:40 PM
Spike

Very interesting!! I have good hunting in the UK from deer stalking to wing hunting...
Old 03-19-2014, 03:23 AM
Spike

I hadn't even thought about trading for anything yet...
Just wanted to see if people were interested and possibly set up a trip.

-The seals can easily be found all year round.
-The foxes are also always an option, but during the summertime it's easiest to find them when the eider duck makes her nest in May/June.
Then it's also interesting to hunt foxes in the dark in the 'winter' (October-April).
-The Ptarmigan is a popular bird to hunt some weekends around November - and its meat is considered a delicacy, often eaten for Christmas.
-Geese and Ducks are mostly hunted in the fall (September/October/November).

The farm is quite isolated, in the Westfjords of Iceland - around 5 hours drive from the capital (Reykjavik).
It also has interesting nature attractions close by.

I guess it would be ideal to have 2-3 hunters visit.
It would probably be best to spend around 1 week in Iceland (3-6 days hunting, depending on what we hunt and how it goes) - but it would obviously be optimal to spend a few extra days sightseeing in other parts of the beautiful country.

What else do you want to know?
Old 03-20-2014, 04:25 AM
Fork Horn

I have sent you a PM
Old 03-21-2014, 04:43 AM
Spike

Interesting.. do you have images or videos of past hunt?
Old 07-17-2014, 12:25 PM
Spike

Default Wyoming hunt

there are direct flights from Denver Colorado (about an hour and a half from the ranch I hunt) to Iceland. I've traded a lot of pronghorn antelope hunts and a limited number of mule deer hunts. there are also predators that can be taken (coyotes, badgers, porcupines). if this hold any interest lets talk about it. I can send pictures of animals taken over the years on swapped hunts.

thanks

Mark
Old 07-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Spike

Wyoming antelope hunt. forgot to give you my E-mail. [email protected]

thanks

mark
Old 07-28-2014, 02:02 PM
Spike

Default Wyoming hunt

there are direct flights from Denver Colorado (about an hour and a half from the ranch I hunt) to Iceland. I've traded a lot of pronghorn antelope hunts and a limited number of mule deer hunts. there are also predators that can be taken (coyotes, badgers, porcupines). if this hold any interest lets talk about it. I can send pictures of animals taken over the years on swapped hunts. [email protected]

thanks

Mark