Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
KS private land access for... >

KS private land access for...

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

KS private land access for...

Old 10-17-2009, 07:32 AM
Spike

Default KS private land access for...

...a guided fly fishing trip in northern New Mexico.

The guide we were going to hunt pheasants in SW KS, back out on us; leaving us stranded. We have hunted KS before wanted to get on some private land he leased. Now we are going for the WIHA we know.

I am the fly fishing instructor at UNM and a part time guide. I know the rivers in the Sangre de Cristos well and do a lot of workshops on them. Since no money is exchanged, I can do the San Juan in NW NM, too.

PM me for more information. Thanks.

Thomas.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

You guys really got nailed on that deal Escopeton!You should flame that guy on every outdoor forum,so there is less chance he could take advantage of somebody else. Sadly,you're about to get a double dose of disappointment if you hang your hopes on bird hunting public land! Don't know when you're planning to go,but those few spots that hold birds will get hammered every single day. Deer/Rifle opens December 2nd. Most of the WIHA's will be open for Deer hunting too. Guys will be stomping around and rifle balls might be flying everywhere. Keep your head down!
If you're interested,let me know and I can set you up with a guide in north central KS. Great dogs and 100% private land. Very few landowners allow access to private land on DIY hunts. They prefer to know where their hunters are at all times,plus they fear the liability if someone gets hurts or gets off on a neighbors land. Let me know......
Old 10-21-2009, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Turn that into an ELK hunt and we got a deal! lol I think the bird numbers look good here in north central ks, there is some good WIHA land, just try to find the best one and get here first,..also , there are thousands of acres around Glen Elder and Waconda reservoir, public hunting, can get crowded, but it can be great hunting. Good Luck to you, sry to hear about your situation