Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Classifieds > Swap-A-Hunt
 looking for hunting buddies >

looking for hunting buddies

Community
Swap-A-Hunt Use this Forum to swap hunts with people from around the world.

looking for hunting buddies

Old 08-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default looking for hunting buddies

I am looking for someone to swap a hunt with. I dont care if its a buck, doe, turkey, etc. I am mainly just looking for some connections out of town to have more hunting options at different game. I have 120 acres in southeastern NC that has deer and bear on it. I have good trail cam pics of both. Bear season falls in the middle of deer season so if you buy big game tags which include bear and deer you can sit on the stand and shoot a deer or bear, whichever decides to walk by.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: looking for hunting buddies

Are you down by wilmington?
Old 08-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Spike

Would South Africa be to far out of town,
I can offer you a trip to South Africa.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Lanse, My land is in a little town called Chocowinitty. It is about 25 minutes SE of Greenville. i dont know how far from wilimington but i dont think its far.

Marvelafrica, thanks for the offer but i am not looking to pay for a hunt. im just looking for friends to swap hunts with a couple times a year or so.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

I looked it up and it looks like you are several counties due north of Wilmington. That is my frame of reference because i drove across southern North Carolina years back on my way to a conference in Wilmington. Like that area and love Low Country cooking. I own 29 acres of woods in southeastern Illinois (jumped a ten point buck on it a few weeks ago) and have access to another couple hundred acres there. I would love to do a bear hunt, but doubt that i could pull it off this year. Maybe we can talk about setting something up for next year, or at least have fun talking about it
Old 08-26-2008, 12:53 AM

How about WV for same... Fall or winter Deer/Bear Ever hunt in snow?
or Spring Gobbler/Trout Fishing?

Or, we have coon dogs,coyotes, squirrels, you name it.

You CAN kill a doe and small game and coons. You will see and should have aDecent chance at a buck but it won't be any record bookanimal.Good chance at a bear, but tag is pricey for Non Res. if you already have them where you are.
In the spring you should be able to take 2 gobblers and catch some trout in a week.

I am located in North Central WV... Barbour Co.Also hunt Tucker and Randolph Co.'s.You can look me up on a map and check out the kills and seasons, etc by googleing wv dnr.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:48 PM
Spike

Jimmy, I live in NC too- just west of Fayetteville. I can't offer you any diversity of game other than what you have, but I can offer you some prime turkey hunting. I don't hunt turkeys, but my dad has 35 acres(surrounded by about 100 acres of family land) that is loaded with turkeys...always has been. You would also be wecome to hunt the 165 acres I live on for deer, ducks, dove, etc. And for you or anyone else reading this, I have a condo on the beach at Baywatch resort in North Myrtle that maybe I could trade for a hog hunt or something. Like a weekend at the beach for a hunt I guess.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

I have actually never been duck hunting. do you duck hunt? Are there alot of them there?
Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Spike

To be honest, I've only been on 1 actual duck hunt-is wason lake Tillery. We had a good day though. I've been scouting them a little this year and have seen some birds. Tillery supposedly has a lot of homeowners that throw corn out to make it baited hunting which is illegal of course. I'm checking on that though, so I can let you know. I do get some ducks on the land that we live on sometimes, but it's kind of hit and miss. If you go to any duck hunting sight, they'll tell you that NC and SC kind of suck for ducks. I'm sure some would disagree, but seems to be the consensus. I'll tell you this though, duck hunting is addictive! So I guess I would have to say that we would have to go quite often to have a successful day.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:12 PM
Fork Horn

hey i'll tell you what i work at cherry point, (civil service) we can have a guest hunt with us. if you'd like to be a guest then let me know. i'm in the same boat (looking for hunting buddies). there have been some monsters killed out there over the years, and just today i passed on a spike. it's shotgun/muzzleloader only or bow only in the bow areas. i'm not looking to pay to hunt or anything, and it sounds to me that you're just like me hoping there are some descent people out there who would reciprocate.

Quick Reply: looking for hunting buddies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.