Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 ?'s on German short hair training >

?'s on German short hair training

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

?'s on German short hair training

Old 01-08-2005, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ?'s on German short hair training

I trainrd my own shorthair or did she train me? Anyway i never used the collar untill we actually went hunting, and then yes she needed it. As far as training, simple obedence is a must sit,stay,come,fetch, and lay down you get them down the rest will follw. The pointing is natural you just have to bring it out of them. What i did is tied a ringneck wing to a fishing pole and spun it around in a circle in front of the dog letting her chase it. When she would slow i would slow when she stoped i stoped using my comand whoa then praising. That way she learned hwen she stops the bird stops. Then went to some pen raised chucker while on a check cord and eventually to the ringneck on the cord. No bloodlines no papers no nothing on this dog and i will run her against just about anything she is ausome!