Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 WANTED !!! COON HOUND  !!!!!!!! >

WANTED !!! COON HOUND !!!!!!!!

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

WANTED !!! COON HOUND !!!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2004, 07:12 PM

Default WANTED !!! COON HOUND !!!!!!!!

Hello All,

I have searched all over my part of the state and I just can't find any.. I'm looking for a Coon Hound Old, Young, or Pup.. Bluetick, Black and Tan, Walker...

Also If you know where I can get Plotts, Redbones or Bloodhounds please let me know.. Thanks...

Erik
Old 12-02-2004, 09:41 AM

Default RE: WANTED !!! COON HOUND !!!!!!!!

Where in NC you from? I'm from Franklin co. Might be able to help.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:30 AM

email me .... i can help where in NC are you from if your close to va there are plenty here.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:33 PM

Hello,

I actually just moved to Va.. I live near Franklin in southhampton county... But I can drive pretty much anywhere
Old 12-02-2004, 11:33 PM

NCHuntnFever,
consider a cur, either blackmouth or mountain cur for huntin' coons there. There are some guys there that do it. Check out www.sqdog.com and go to the forums section. When you get to the forums, read the message board, training board, pictures board and all that to get a feel for it. I know that this is a "squirrel dog" site, but a whole lot of these guys hunt the coons, too. Many of them hunt there curs in the day for squirrel and coons at night and the dogs get it done. Look at the pics and see how a good old cur looks. They are the grittiest things around and they hunt a little different than a hound. Most aren't as stubborn and like to check back with their owners. They are very companion-oriented and like your company and hunting for you. I think you could find a hound that would suit you, of course, but just give the website a chance and look at some of the pictures and see how you like these good old tree dogs. Let me know what you think. -MIKE
Old 12-02-2004, 11:41 PM

NCHuntnFever,
here is a pic of a well known cur (died back in august) with some coons. This dog is my pups grandfather, though mine has a different color. Some are blue, some are black, some are red, some are yellow and any of these colors can have white blaze. Sorry guys, I know I talk about curs a lot here and most of you are probably bird dog men, so I just like to chime in about this less explored breed. I guess being less explored is a good thing though, huh? MIKE
http://www.sqdog.com/Stud%20Dogs/Cur...20Jukebox.html
Old 12-03-2004, 12:52 AM
Typical Buck

Erik, check out www.breeders.net They have a search engine where you put in the breed and your zipcode and it'll hook you up with breeders close to there. I've got two bloodhounds and that site is how I found them. Its worth taking a look. Here's a pic of my older hound." />
Old 12-03-2004, 01:22 PM

Here's you another nice cur gettin' it done in the woods. -MIKE
http://www.sqdog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22537