Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

which dog?

Old 09-22-2004, 09:27 AM

Default RE: which dog?

Semi,

I have 2 G.S.P (DK) and they are great dogs. They do shed less then a lab but they still shed. They also need a lot of exercise or they get bored and can become distructive. ( chewing,digging, knocking stuff off the counter,etc). I have had and hunted with labs and G.S.P are wound up more then lab even the german lines (DK) but the DK do seem to settle down in the house a little easier.

My wife has allergies and we bath the dogs in allergy shampoo that seem to help. I your area their are some good breeders. If interested in suggestions on breeders email me [email protected] I would be happy to give you a few suggestions.

Joel
Old 09-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Semi,

Call Cadens Kennels in Kewaskum, WI. (920-533-8579) for some excellent lined GSP puppies. I was there last week for training my lab and they had GSP pups on the ground for sale. Cadens is also very well known for training both pointers and flushers.

-Mathewsconquest2
Old 10-15-2004, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

I have never seen one, but there is a dog out there called a PUDELPOINTER. They were originally bred by a Baron or something in Germany. I have searched the web and these dogs which originated as a cross between several different types of pointers, and standard poodles are being bred in the U.S. by a select group of breeders. They are supposed to be hypo-allergenic and low or non shedding. One place for you to learn more is at---- www.thebreedsofdogs.com/PUDELPOINTER.htm Do a web search as there are several breeders with websites where you can find out more information and see pictures of thier dogs. Good luck and I hope this helps.
Old 10-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Typical Buck

Semi, My wife has the same problem. So my German Shorthaired Pointers live in the garage. I think this is a personal deal, so I think you need to go be around some dogs and see what happens. My wife could be around poodles with no problems and I have a freind that has a good hunting poodle. If you are interested I can get the breeders name for you. I am in Colorado and I don't know where he got his poodle, but I can find out. Good luck with your search.
Gselkhunter