Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Training collars

Old 07-19-2004, 05:12 PM

Default Training collars

For working with my labrador this year (hunting/training), i am looking to get a new training collar with tone & shock. I used one of the cheaper cabelas ones last year, but i broke due to water damage, after the warranty was up. I am looking at the Innotek's, specifically the 1000 yrd. range one. It is wateproof, instead of "splash proof" what a bunch of ...... bologny. I like the amount of correction levels, along with the momentary/continuous... overall for the money it seems like a great package.

So, what do you guys think? What do you use, how long has it worked... ect.

Any help is appreciated!!
thanks,
Greenhead
Old 07-19-2004, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Training collars

My labs "hearing aid" is a TRI TRONICS . It us 6+ years old ,I bought it from a friend when he needed a multi dog setup. It is the water fowler ? 1 mile range, water proof .The only thing that I have had to do is replace the collar battery this year $15 not bad ,it is uesd for upland , duck , goose and training year round.
Old 07-19-2004, 09:17 PM

I used the DT Systems Ultra 2020 and it worked well for me. It is worth a look in my opinion.

OhioDuckHunter
Old 07-20-2004, 12:27 AM

thanks
Old 07-20-2004, 09:15 AM

I am new to the retriever training but I went to Cabela's and purchased an e-collar that gave me great return!! Dogtra 1200 NCP it was in my price range and seems to be user friendly and I have only used it occasionally but it has convinced me that e-collars are a definite gotta have!!
Old 07-22-2004, 04:03 AM

I have recently traded in my TT Sport 60 for the new SportDog 2400. They are awsome xcollars and about half the price of the Tri tronics and as good. They have a Lifetime Warranty and customer service that is the best on the market. Check out their web page WWW.SportDog.net and got the RTF and check out SportDog reviews in the product section. They are a division of pet safe products and sponsors of the Super Retreiver Series on ESPN. You will not be disapointed.
Old 07-27-2004, 03:22 PM

I use Tri-tronics and most people I talk to say that Tri-tronics and Dogtra are the best performing and most reliable collars out there. I have also heard a lot of negative comments on the collars you are looking at. But that's just what I've heard.

It seems like if you decide to buy an ABC X100 collar it will be priced the same from store to store but the best deal I have found is Lion Country Supply. They are as cheap as anyone else, plus they usually throw in a holster and 2nd day air shipping. You don't pay sales tax unless you live in PA. Their sales people on the phones actually own dogs and are knowledgable about the products they sell. They are not just order takers. www.lcsupply.com

Hope that helps!!!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:51 PM

I have never heard anything GOOD about Innotek. I use a Dogtra 1200, and would highly recommend it. Stick with TT or Dogtra.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

We went with a Dogtra202NCP Gold For two dogs. Comes with two different colored collars and one control with toggle switch for each collar. Has nick and constant stimulation buttons with a vibrate(pager) button on the side. Our labs go in water all the time and have not had a problem yet. Once they get the idea, vibrate will work almost every time.
Old 08-04-2004, 01:15 PM

I use the Tri Tronics feild 70. 1 mile range, water proof. the only thing is the cost is a bit up there but I've had it for 10yrs. and It's used for every thing.

Quick Reply: Training collars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.