Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

New Doberman team

Old 06-29-2004, 07:05 PM

Default New Doberman team

This is my new doberman team, akc registered blah blah,
She is a Red doberman named Delilah
He is a very rare "fawn" colored doberman named Sampson
So far, though they are puppies, I have frozen deer legs I train them with, we play fetch, and later they will be tracking. I have heard and talked to people that say dobermans make Excellent dogs for deer AND bear, please advise me if this is wrong.
PS. When I have puppies available, Ill let you know !
Old 06-29-2004, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Doberman team

Ive seen lots of fawns down here. My personel favorite is the reds, they are just gorgeous. Dont know about hunting but i do know they are used for work, like pulling loads and have competitions for them. Aside from hunting dogs Dobermans are my favorite breed. They are both gorgeous by the way. Love that red though id take both. also are you gonna crop there ears? Dont you have to wait till about 10 weeks old to do that? I think its the doderman pinscher club of america with genetic chart that shows your chances for colours when breeding if you are interested in that. Also down here that kennel would have a lock on it, dog theifs arent at all uncommon especialy for a breed of dog like you have.
Old 06-30-2004, 01:56 AM

No worries about thievery here.
You should see their parents in the cage next to them
I have 6 breeding pairs
Old 07-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Post some more pics if you gott'em, I love dobermans. Big gentle giants.
Old 07-02-2004, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Dobie for almost 13 yrs. She was a female that made her way to NH via England. I got her when she was 4 months and she was a great dog. Because she was from England her ears were not cropped, thus she looked a little less intimidating. She had a great bloodline with Composition ch on both sides. She was our big lap dog. The best lookin' Doberman I have ever seen (no prejudice here) and also the fastest. She went thru advanced obedience training with flying colors. I never trained her to hunt but she always enjoyed her runs in the woods. I now have a 2 yrs old Springer that I love but I will always have a special place in my heart for Dobermans, especially Veronica (Ronnie). Boy, I miss her!