Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

stud fee

Old 06-27-2004, 09:13 PM

Default RE: stud fee

I still can't find her file with all her ratings, but I am working on that. The only competition that I have entered her in was the Northern Utah Upland Bird Dog that was held last October, and she placed first with no formal training, she was also only 9 months old. Still working on finding her papers....
Old 06-27-2004, 09:19 PM

All right, her OFA was given an Excellent on her hips, elbow, heart/thyroid. And her CERF was a normal.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: j3k2c1

All right, her OFA was given an Excellent on her hips, elbow, heart/thyroid. And her CERF was a normal.
Your dog or your dog's parents?
What is your dog's registered name?

BTW, I'm not trying to "poop on ya" here. Just helping you see what it takes for a dog to have puppies that are worth $1200.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:30 AM

No problem I caught that real quick. BTW we were told the stud fee and pup value from a pro trainer that my dad works with.

The stuff I posted was Her's. She is Aspen's Diana Goddess of the Hunt. I can't find her pedigree file![:@] I am still working on that but my inkling is her father took first the Colorado Open Pheasant Championship, and in the Kansas one, and in the Rocky Mountain Open, and in the U.S. Open Pheasant Championship. Her mother placed second in the U.S. Open the year her father placed first and the next year they switched places. She also has placed first in the Colorado and Kansas championships.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:59 AM

I have the akc papers from the parents and their parents and then there parents so its three generations
AKC is one of the worst kennel clubs in America they push show dogs(Irish setters, German Sheperd Dogs, and Labs) instead of the hunting or working talents the dog was bred for. There are too many run of the mill dogs being bred. I personally feel that a dog should not be entitled to be registered if it can't pass a work/hunt test to certify that the dog is capable of doing the job it's breed was orignated for. Think long and hard before you breed your dog.
Old 06-29-2004, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: j3k2c1
The stuff I posted was Her's. She is Aspen's Diana Goddess of the Hunt. .
I just looked through the OFA database, and she's not listed as having any "health clearance certifications". If I were you, I'd get ahold of OFA and find out what's going on and why she's not in their database.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:02 PM

Young Buck,

Have you heard of the hunt test? AKC sponsored. Agility test? AKC sponsored. Obedience trials? AKC sponsored. Breed sponsored field trials? AKC sponsored. Bench Shows? AKC sponsored.

AKC sponsors a wide range of tests and trials for all aspects of the purebred dog. All are equally important and are advailable to you as a breeder to compete in whatever part you want. If you feel that certain breeds are not being bred like they should blame the breeders. That is where the problems lie and not with the AKC.

Ezzy
Old 06-29-2004, 05:54 PM

I just looked through the OFA database, and she's not listed as having any "health clearance certifications". If I were you, I'd get ahold of OFA and find out what's going on and why she's not in their database.
Thanks for the heads up! I will have to see what is going on there!
Old 06-30-2004, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

The OFA site is at www.offa.org Then you can do a search by either the dog's registered name, AKC registration number etc. If you search "Black Forest Casey", you will see where he is OFAd Good on hips and Normal on elbows. Because he just had his most recent CERF two days ago, the CERF results aren't up yet, it usually takes 3-4 weeks to get new information up on the site.
Old 06-30-2004, 09:10 AM

Thanks for the link. I haven't had time to follow up on that much but I am making room!

Quick Reply: stud fee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.