Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

coon hunters

Old 05-17-2004, 10:54 AM

Default coon hunters

i noticed theres a few coon hunters on this board,how many of yall competition hunt as apossed to just pleasure huntin
Old 05-17-2004, 12:27 PM
mez
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: coon hunters

I used to a little when I was in high school but had a couple of very bad experiences and I'll never do it again. My brother and I pleasure hunt alot but I doubt you'll ever see us in the competition circles again.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:27 PM

i pleasure hunt and hunt ukc,pkc and acha.......my jip is night champion in ukc....
Old 05-18-2004, 05:09 PM

Vacoon.. Where in Va do ya live ??? I usually just hunt coons for fun but bobcat has been telling me about the competitions.. So I might get into one to see how it is..
Old 05-19-2004, 07:02 AM

nc hunt,i live in central va.chesterfield county.i competiton hunted a few times,but its not for me,while i had fun coon huntin,the competition part was no good.my oldest female(may she rest in peace) was a grandaughter of flag,and many people i hunted against either loved that line or hated it and felt they had to prove my dog no good either way,and it pissed me off,because that dog could flat find a coon.i hunted with alot of dogs that could win a competition but couldnt find a coon if it were on top of the dogs head,dont get me wrong though,theres alot of good/great dogs in the compitition circles,but its just not my cup of tea.right now im houndless but looking for a pup or a started dog,but coon hunters in va.seem to be slim,so ive been attending some compititions to take a look at whats out there before i buy a new dog.
Old 05-19-2004, 04:43 PM

Va nothing wrong with that.. I know how people are... they runnin alot of things that are suppose to be fun... I live in SouthHampton County, Va.... Near franklin.. I hunt everything... Yeah I know what you mean your the first coon hunter I have found that lives in this state... hehehehe... we are surely slim here in va...
Old 05-20-2004, 01:54 PM

NC, va coon hunters ARE slim to none,if you ever want to get together or just talk huntin feel free to send me an e mail,it sure is nice knowing there is another virginian out there that coon hunts.i think we are a dying breed in the old dominion.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:01 PM

i havent did any competition coon hunting but I do a lot of pleasure hunting
Old 05-31-2004, 09:47 PM

Well, here in the Peach state it is getting harder and harder to find spots to hunt, but I still try. I am a UKC master of hounds and bench show judge, so very often I am working at a hunt instead of participating. When I do get in the woods I am mostly pleasure hunting. But then, isn't that what we are supposed to be out there for?
Old 06-16-2004, 09:30 PM

i pleasure hunt

Quick Reply: coon hunters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.