Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Electronic Training collar systems >

Electronic Training collar systems

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Electronic Training collar systems

Old 02-23-2004, 09:42 PM

Default Electronic Training collar systems

Who makes the badest shock collar for dog training? I have a 2yr bldhound that is turning everything into the DMZ! I have a invisible fence on him (shaved his neck) it's the meanest one that they make turned up as high as it will go and he doesn't care one bit. It's getting to the point to where I think it will be me or the dog that has to go. I need some help b/c I do not want to have to buy 2 of them. Thanks guys in advance!!
Old 02-24-2004, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Electronic Training collar systems

How about a nice 'cyclone fence' kennel run instead.

Old 02-24-2004, 03:38 PM

Doc E,

I would consider that an alternative however, I don't have the room on my property to place a kennel. Small yard + small house = West Seattle. I know you use working dogs b/c I've read many of your posts before but this is the last resort. I have never had a single dog that was so strong headed to break all of his training. It doesn't matter how much time I spend working with him as soon as I go in the house or leave for work he starts demolishing the place......................knowing darn good & well not to do it.
I wish I did have the room to place a kennel, I grew up in the south with bird dogs & we had a 4 bay kennel with a 70 ft. run. I like to use attention & postive encouragement as the only training tools I use............................everything has failed. I do not like using pain tactics to train anything but like I said this is the last resort. When he ripped the down spouts & some siddingoff the house I thought I would have to sleep out there with him.
Thank you for you advice I would like to hear more if you have the time.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:07 PM
Typical Buck

Sometimes we have to make a decision. No matter how painful, we as the human adults have to do it. Perhaps you have reached that staqe.
Old 02-25-2004, 07:20 AM

Bldhound
I this the only dog you currently have? Dogs, and hounds particurlarly, being very social really like being with other dogs (pack) or people all of the time. I ask this because it sounds like separation anxiety behavior your dog is exhibiting. Take a look at the link below.
Hope it helps.

Encyclopedia of Canine Veterinary Medical Information
Old 02-26-2004, 03:08 PM

JJ,

I have two dogs, one is my blodhound & the other is my girlfriends chow/lab mix. The chow/lab never breaks her training, we have a dog door for her to come & go as she pleases. She spends a lot of time in the backyard playing with Jeb. It's just that anything & everythingthat he can destroy, he does. Even when I bring Jeb in the house he has to constantly watched as with any kid, he's house broke but he will chew up anything in the house given 15 seconds by himself. He has at least 10 different chew toys but he wants to chew other things. Thanks for the info on the website.
Old 02-26-2004, 08:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Simple soultion Bldhound ...I'm sure Slee ain't busy doing nuttin....just have him babysit for ya[8D]
Old 02-27-2004, 07:14 PM

Wayne.....................Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! This is the super secret game paln! LMAO
Old 02-27-2004, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

..."Sorry"......hate it when I screw up like that...have a habit of opening mouth....inserting foot
Old 02-27-2004, 10:25 PM

It's alright we all have a easy way of doing that. Yeah Wayne Jeb wants to go visit Uncle Slee!! LOL

Quick Reply: Electronic Training collar systems

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.