Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Male or Fermale Black Lab >

Male or Fermale Black Lab

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Male or Fermale Black Lab

Old 12-24-2003, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Male or Fermale Black Lab

Get the one you want and get him or her fixed. breeding should only be done by serious breeders who plan their breedings carefully to enhance desired traits in a particular breed. Since you probably won't breed your dog get it fixed as soon after you get it as possible. Males tend to be more hard headed than females, but I have had both and I can tell you that if you get your dog fixed you will most likely have a good time working with either sex. Small Labs can be as small as 55 pounds while I have seen large labs up to 110 pounds. Alot of the size is dependant on the size of the parents. One more thing you should do when deciding rather or not to have your dog neutered or spayed is to talk with your veternarian about the good and bad points of having this done. I beleive after you talk to him you will agree that it is in the animals best interest to do it. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW BUDDY AND LET US NO HOW YOU ARE MAKING OUT.
Old 12-28-2003, 10:18 AM

Default RE: Male or Fermale Black Lab

Willbrew,

I have a small blond lab, 3.5 years old, he's been snipped and has gained some weight recently. He is a low maint/energy dog who is fucused on the hunt and listens well. I believe in whistles instead of shock collars so take it for what it's worth. I have a sister who's 3 year old black lab is "out of control" with energy, chewing, discipline classes etc.... I guess I lucked out, he's very protective of our property and children but would probably cower at the thought of confrontation.

Gook Luck,

Wildirishman