Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

A. J.....training

Old 07-06-2021, 07:52 PM
Spike

Default A. J.....training

Well for xmas we received a training system for A.J.. To my pleasant surprise he shows he's had electronic training , for he reacts to the sound mode. Also 1 is a good deterent. I am working on leash and hoping to get some off leash in the fenced garden area done. . We are waiting for some good weather to hit state lands I'd like to hunt next fall. He needs a ton of exercise. Even though hubby wanted him he has bonded with me. His sit and stay /release has gone very well, heel and ignore are good as well. Today he managed to walk 30 ft past the nieghbors minie horse with no issues and little verbal correction on a loose lead. His mouthing is settling as well as his "pinching". Absolutely perfect with the grand kids and commotion of Christmas.
His rodent hunting instincts will be an issue though...
Old 07-07-2021, 03:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Your post is in the wrong forum, there is a forum for all things dog.
Old 07-07-2021, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

well I'll ghive you the benefit of the doubt your not a smap!

welcome to the site!
and yes there is a hunting dog section here where questions are better suited to be asked?

NEXT<
where are you at that it is Christmas time NOW??
(or why are you waiting 6+ months to ask about training when that is a LOT of time you missed to be doing it?? and then if its been 6+ months now, the info above is well, NOT so accurate to get any real help from)

and what breed of dog, and what game are you planning to hunt with it??>

your ma lot of what you have typed here doesn't add up, or really give us anything to work with, nor, what is your actual question or reason for adding what you did?/

if you have questions, ASK them more directly maybe?

Old 07-07-2021, 11:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Your post is in the wrong forum, there is a forum for all things dog.
Moved to the appropriate place.

I put an electric collar on my dog when we go to our cabin. It took 1 shock and if he hears the beep now he immediately trots right back to the cabin porch and sits down.

Picked it up in one try.

-Jake
Old 07-07-2021, 01:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pretty sure this is a spammer
user name is on many other sites, and NO real returns or added content to even there own topic's
SO< Mod's?? maybe time to delete this one