Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
New PacNW Pointing Lab Club >

New PacNW Pointing Lab Club

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

New PacNW Pointing Lab Club

Old 02-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up New PacNW Pointing Lab Club

February 4, 2014

Welcome to the Northwest Pointing Labrador Club. It’s only been a week since the Club was registered with the state as a non-profit, By-Laws were developed, officers for the Board of Directors were named and we’ve already had our first formal training day! So much accomplished in a small amount of time. As the first President of the Northwest Pointing Labrador Club I’d like to say thank you all for taking the time to either participate in getting this off the ground, writing in support of our venture, checking us out on Facebook, participating in the training day or looking up our website (www.nwpointinglabs.org ) to see what we are about.

I’m excited! And I apologize for my frequent use of the exclamation point but I’m excited! The formation of a club in the Northwest for the recognition, promotion and advancement of the American Pointing Labrador has long been a dream of my husband and I. It took an email from your new Secretary/Treasurer Lily Lo about 6 months ago for us to combine our efforts and with Lily’s persistence get the ball rolling. I cannot thank Lily enough for the time and effort she put into making this club a reality. I would also like to thank Marlana Smith of British Columbia for her assistance and for agreeing to serve as our Vice President. Marlana has been a long time member of the APLA, has been on the APLA Hall of Fame committee, has some great and exciting ideas for activities for the club and contributes the same desire to further the American Pointing Labrador in the Northwest that Lily and I do.

This club is about you and your dogs. We want your input and participation. We have developed a Forum site on our webpage where by a simple registration process you can post pictures of hunting adventures with your dogs, ask training questions, look for a hunting or training partner, share that favorite spot or whatever PL related topic you’d like to share. We are on Facebook and will be updating our page often with Club news, photo’s, videos, etc. Our training days will be posted under the Events tab and are open to everyone, not just PL owners. We envision holding youth events, possibly a women’s seminar, clinics on first aid, dog health in the field, gun safety and will listen to whatever you might like to see. There is a Rattlesnake Aversion Clinic scheduled this summer and we’re looking forward to an APLA hunt test in the fall.

Again, thank you for taking the time to see what the Northwest Pointing Labrador Club is about. To join please go to the website at www.nwpointinglabs.org and download the membership application. I look forward to a great, fun filled year as your President and I know that Lily, Marlana and I will do whatever we can to make your membership a positive adventure for you and your Pointing Lab.

Here’s to the dogs !

Julie Moore, President

Northwest Pointing Labrador Club

www.nwpointinglabs.com