Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Tick Collar

Old 04-13-2011, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

Default Tick Collar

Is there such a thing as a waterproof tick collar? Or something a guy can put on a water loving Lab for ticks?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:48 AM
Fork Horn

I have found the collars don't work well, but FrontLine works real good, put it on wait until the next day before your pup goes for a swim and all is good.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by PY Antlers
Is there such a thing as a waterproof tick collar? Or something a guy can put on a water loving Lab for ticks?
collars put the chemicals to close to your dogs mouth.fumes do come off collars and your dog breaths it while sleeping etc.

i highly suggest you use ADVANTIX K9.
ITS waterproof AND WHAT I USE FOR MY BLACK LAB.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Every tick & flea medication has some risk. Those applications which you apply monthly are pesticides. Those pesticides work on the nervous system to kill ticks and fleas. Some animals have had adverse effects including seizures. There are no real government regulations on these products as can be seen on the packaging which they don't list the inactive ingredients.

Fortuneately, my dog does well with Frontline Plus but not Advantage. There is a new product on the market PetArmor. Several board of directors were former Frontline directors so they copied the formula from Frontline and was promptly sued. But its available at Walmart and Sam's Club.
Old 05-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Mite
Every tick & flea medication has some risk. Those applications which you apply monthly are pesticides. Those pesticides work on the nervous system to kill ticks and fleas. Some animals have had adverse effects including seizures. There are no real government regulations on these products as can be seen on the packaging which they don't list the inactive ingredients.

Fortuneately, my dog does well with Frontline Plus but not Advantage. There is a new product on the market PetArmor. Several board of directors were former Frontline directors so they copied the formula from Frontline and was promptly sued. But its available at Walmart and Sam's Club.

talk about SEIZURES,toby my lab had one from the pill DERAMAXX.35 mg daily .
Old 09-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Spike

Default Triple Sure

Don't use chemicals on your dog. Isn't there something inherently wrong with poisoning your dog to kill tick? Common sense.
Try this stuff call Triple Sure. I use it and it works like a wonder. You can also spray it on yourself and not poison you, your dog or ponds, streams, etc