Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Good Dog Names

Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sproulman
toby..........
we get it your name is TOBY......
Old 04-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Let's see my current deer dogs names are:Snickers, Hoss, Brandy, Molly, Hanna, and Lucky.

Other names I like: Rebel, Buckshot,Dixie( none are that original in the deer woods though) Lil Earl, Blaze, Bo, Minny Pearl, Speedy Pete, Sandy, Flossy, Fluzy, L.J. (lil John), etc. Mostly redneck names no one else has or I give my female dogs stripper stage names LOL
Old 04-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by 2 Samuel 22:35
we get it your name is TOBY......
Old 04-03-2010, 03:42 PM
Fork Horn

Your a happy guy sproulman,
How good are your hunting skills though?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Your a happy guy sproulman,
How good are your hunting skills though?
hunting skills, after 46 yrs hunting, anymore i dont know.last 5 yrs i shoot over heads of grouse just so toby knows i am trying,i cant see killing the few grouse that are left.
i only hunt mature bucks do to lack of deer here in pa now,so its task to get buck now.
bear i stopped hunting but now you can use a recurve to hunt bear ,so i may hunt bear this year with my fred bear recurve from 1960.
as you get older your physical skills are not good. roght now as we talk my feet hurt like h.

i can say it was easy to hunt in 60s,70s here in pa.15 minutes i would have limit of grouse in ANY HOLLOW .you would very seldom see hunter.
now its reverse, few grouse and lots of hunters.......

at your age of 15,i would climb a tree without treestand just use limbs to go up 20 ft, now i see kids that need a climbing treestand, thats no fun.
i used to jump on deer backs at 15 and try to ride them from apple tree when the buck would go under it.

i could go on but my be boring to you ,take care sproul.....

Last edited by sproulman; 04-03-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:35 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Hienie - always wanted to name a dog Hienie -

Like German names as I run german dogs - and this way when the dang dog gets away in my neighborhod I can ask all the neighborhood ladies -

"Ya seen my Hienie?"

JW
Old 04-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by JW!
Hienie - always wanted to name a dog Hienie -

Like German names as I run german dogs - and this way when the dang dog gets away in my neighborhod I can ask all the neighborhood ladies -

"Ya seen my Hienie?"

JW
My family is German as well any only own German breeds of hunting dogs named Fritz, Ludwig, Rommel, Bizmark etc.
They only own German Breeds, drink German beer and think Heid Clume is the perfect woman. I on the other hand for some reason prefer Labs, drink Labatts, Corona & Bud Lite and think Jessica Alba is the perfect woman. I guess every family has a black sheep in it!!Pike

Last edited by J Pike; 04-04-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:00 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sproulman
hunting skills, after 46 yrs hunting, anymore i dont know.last 5 yrs i shoot over heads of grouse just so toby knows i am trying,i cant see killing the few grouse that are left.
i only hunt mature bucks do to lack of deer here in pa now,so its task to get buck now.
bear i stopped hunting but now you can use a recurve to hunt bear ,so i may hunt bear this year with my fred bear recurve from 1960.
as you get older your physical skills are not good. roght now as we talk my feet hurt like h.

i can say it was easy to hunt in 60s,70s here in pa.15 minutes i would have limit of grouse in ANY HOLLOW .you would very seldom see hunter.
now its reverse, few grouse and lots of hunters.......

at your age of 15,i would climb a tree without treestand just use limbs to go up 20 ft, now i see kids that need a climbing treestand, thats no fun.
i used to jump on deer backs at 15 and try to ride them from apple tree when the buck would go under it.

i could go on but my be boring to you ,take care sproul.....
You sure got a sense of humer.
I like that
Funny guys are good to go hunting with!
Old 04-07-2010, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

You sure got a sense of humer.
I like that
Funny guys are good to go hunting with!

i look back and think to myself, SPROUL HANGING FROM A LIMB .JUMPING ON BACK OF BUCK AND TRYING TO RIDE HIM,boy was i bad kid or what?its wonder i did not get eye poked out or bro my back trying .
yes, i do have good time and can tell a lot of good stories of past way it was.i just wish the kids today could enjoy what i had.

take care sproul
Old 04-09-2010, 10:51 AM
Spike

Izzy, is a favorite of mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.