Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Gsp

Old 01-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Spike

Default Gsp

Sorry guys but I just need to show off my dog... He's has done so much this season and I am very proud of him.. When I started he was on the verge of being gunshy, if not and had never been hunting.. Now he is pointing and over the gunshyness.. I was hoping that it wasn't too late for him, he's 2... Now if he'll just start retreiving..

Old 01-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default dog

Nice looking dog!!
Old 01-14-2010, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

That's awesome Rod. I hear too much about people that give up on their dogs because the dog is gunshy; especially when it was almost surely the dog owner that caused the gun shyness in the first place.

Congratulations on working your dog through these issues and moving forward. I'm not sure where you are, but you could look into NAVHDA or the Versatile Hunting Dog Federation if you're looking to do some more wotk this spring and summer.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice pup! X2 on the gunshy. Gunshy is a man-made problem. BTW, don't hold your breath waiting for him to retrieve, that's something you're gonna have to work on.

I'm assuming, from your screen name, you're a welder. You're not a pipefitter, are you?
Old 01-16-2010, 07:11 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Vizsla Vince
Nice pup! X2 on the gunshy. Gunshy is a man-made problem. BTW, don't hold your breath waiting for him to retrieve, that's something you're gonna have to work on.

I'm assuming, from your screen name, you're a welder. You're not a pipefitter, are you?

No, not a pipefitter but can do.. I build flatbeds mostly but repair all kinds of farm equipment..
Taking him out with my older dog in a bit and maybe he can pickup something from him.. Thanks guys!
Old 01-17-2010, 06:25 PM
Spike

Vince, he retreived a bird for me today.. I couldn't believe it.. It was only about 10' but it's a step forward.. He's slowly catching on.. The more he is on birds the better he gets.. He worked two quail that were running until he was give out and he finally caught up to them.. It was something to see..