Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
What breed of coondog should I get? >

What breed of coondog should I get?

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

What breed of coondog should I get?

Old 12-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by redneckmike87
get a bluetick out of jet 8 he has won everything in ukc except the world and his pups are tearing up the hunts the pups r 3 way registered ukc,akc,pkc and super staked they start early like a 4 month old running and treeing and a nine monrth old winning hunts this is the best hound i have ever been in the woods with and i have traveled the circuit extensively. the owner of 8 is john teeters he is a fair buisness man and 8 can be found in the blue book or bloodlines if your really interested then i will give you his number but forget the squirrel part most good hounds are over nosed for them that is more of a cur thing. im an english hunter myself and im harping on a blue dog so take my word this hound is the winningest hound in ukc history call them and ask jet 8 gets it done.
I had 2 pups out of that Jet 8 bloodline that were crossed with running walker for deer. They were actually the easiest starting pups I have ever seen, both went the first time with the older dogs and barked good also (3.5 months). The male turned out to be a decent trail dog and was actually jumping deer and running them good his third time in the woods. Great bloodline IMO
Old 12-22-2009, 06:10 PM
Spike

i do have to say 8 is owned by my step dad and i have had alot of experience following him and his offspring we both hunted english until he moved to blue dogs. now im 22 and starting a family and with this economy there isnt room for running all over the country at night when i should be with my fiance and 18 month old soon to be step daughter but when the money comes back i wont be caught packing anything to town that isnt out of 8 he is the real deal and i used to own one of the historical top reproducing english females until she died at 13 years old so ive seen a nice hound or two in my relatively short time in the woods. i promise you all if you try an 8 pup you will be happy and john will see to that he is the best stud owner ive ever dealt with bar none and hell he is harder on me than anyone so take the shot i bet youll like the results