Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
GSP Pads a little sore looking? >

GSP Pads a little sore looking?

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

GSP Pads a little sore looking?

Old 11-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Default GSP Pads a little sore looking?

I am borrowing my wifes friends german shorthair trying to get him introduced to hunting. tonight he has been licking his feet and i noticed the pads on his front paws are a little red. We went out pheasant hunting for a couple hours this morning.

i was gonna go pick him up some boots today, but there weren't any stores open of course. I was wondering if there are any homemade ideas that you guys would have? or should I just leave him in tomorrow when we go out.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

if you dont tough up his pads BEFORE season, this can happen.tobys toe is hurting.it keeps getting re-hurt so i had to stop hunting until after christmas.

this happens but toby has not had it for 7 years then it happens this year.rest is only way to go and it may take weeks.sometimes longer.old timers used to put stuff on pads to make them tougher but i forgot the stuff they used.

i would not use boots, just rest.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds good, thanks.