Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 Blk Diamond v. Nutro dog food >

Blk Diamond v. Nutro dog food

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Blk Diamond v. Nutro dog food

Old 05-07-2003, 04:13 PM

Default Blk Diamond v. Nutro dog food

Hey guys, do any of you use Black Diamond dog food or Nutro. I switched from Purina Puppy chow (only because that is what the breeder used) to Nutro Natural Choice. Nutro is expensive but I have had excellent results with his coat, energy, and feces reduction. He has lost weight though with Nutro. I feed him like crazy to build his weight, but not much weight gain yet!
I have heard good comments about Black Diamond on posts. How is it on their coat? I definitely like the price!
What do you guys think?

The off season is killin' me!

Old 05-08-2003, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Blk Diamond v. Nutro dog food

Try Nutro High Energy. It is what I feed some of my dogs during hunting season, and my stud male only lost three pounds last season, and he hunted 50 days.
Old 05-13-2003, 08:07 PM
Fork Horn

I raised my GSP on Diamond dog foods. Try the high protein puppy formula, should pack it on him.

My GSP' s coat is great, and he' s grown into a large for breed male of about 85lbs!

edit,

I shoot a SBE myself, good guns!
Old 06-11-2003, 12:23 PM

Benelli shooter,
I' m sorry I' m late in seeing this post. When my lab turned 1 I really studied the full range of foods. I started out with Nutro and my lab didn' t stomach it well. I asked the local pet store there opinion and instead of pointing me to the over priced corn filled Eukanueba, they told me to compare all the ingredients of Pro Pac against all other brands. This is high quality dog food with no useless fillers like corn. It stacks up better than everything I have seen on the market and sells for 24.99 for a 33lb bag and they have $2.00 off coupon on your next purchase. Plus every 10 bags you buy (save upc codes) you get the 11th bag free.

My lab is now six and has a great coat and has been very healthy.

best of luck.

Mathewsconquest