Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Amazed

Old 04-30-2003, 07:08 AM

Default Amazed

I guess you could say my dog (Mojo the golden ret.) and I have taken a break with training since duck season with the exception of one goose hunt. I think that he has always been ready to work in the yard but my schedule has been kinda tight lately. Finally, last night I decided to get back into the training mode. I figured that we probably would have to start with the basics. (background: Mojo is now 14 months old. I started training him at 7 weeks and by 10 months he knew sit, here, over, back, fetch, and a couple whistle commands. He was pretty much a " started retreiver" ........well lets say a " green started retreiver" !) I figured we had our work cut out for us. To my amazement Mojo did not miss a beat. We went through our regular drills like we had just mastered them yesterday. He even completed the drills with more confidence. Seems like he carried himself better. I guess it is that he has a little more maturity now. Anyway, thought I would share that with you folks. This is my first dog to train and everyday, somehow, he amazes me.
Old 04-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Amazed

Caveman sounds like you got a good one! Sounds like fun. I had a golden for 12 years she was a desert dog! Tough. I sure do miss her! Have fun![:-]