Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

I may have a new buddy!

Old 04-26-2003, 06:11 PM

Default I may have a new buddy!

My nephew and his wife called me for advice about finding the owners of a dog that came to their house, and just stayed. After talking to them for a bit the decision was made that they were going to take the dog to the pound tomorrow because she was a pup and much too rough for the two little girls. They had had her for about 10 days, run an ad in the local paper and on the " lost and found" program on the radio. Noone called to claim her. Their discription sounded like a black and white Sringer or Bittany. I finally ended up going to their house to see if I could do anything. I ended up bringing her home with me.
And yep, she looks like a black and white Springer or Brittany, actually a combination of the two. What a sweet dog. At one point in her 3-4 month life she was well cared for.
I' m going to check with all the local Vets on Monday to see if they may know the owner. This dog took an instant liking to me and has quite literally attached herself to me. I' ve never had that happen so quickly before.
All four of us here love her. I' ve always had labs and this spaniel thing will take some getting used to.
My 13 year old " Abby" (chocolate lab) died a year and a half ago, and I really wasn' t looking for companionship.....but, she sure is sweet. Nice having a buddy again. I hope I don' t get too attached to her before Monday, just in case I' m able to locate her owners.
If I can keep her I' ll have my daughter teach me how to use the digital cam. and send a picture to y' all and you can tell me what kind of dog she is. Thanks.

critch

Old 04-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I may have a new buddy!

That sure is heartwarming! I am geting a new buddy after deer season, can' t wait! Good Luck either way!
Old 04-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, glad u made the decision to take her before they took her to the pound, most the dogs/cats never leave those places [:' (] I had a cocker spaniel for a pet before, best dog i EVER had or will have for that matter. My wife brought home a poodle mix dog last saturday they found while easter egg hunting. Dog is ugly as sin with alot of his hair missing where they had to cut out burrs from being dumped in the woods, but i somehow took up with him [:-]
Old 04-27-2003, 08:39 PM

Awesome Critch! Hope it works out for you!

Old 05-03-2003, 10:23 PM

Well I kept the dog. I named her Pepper. The name is fitting believe me. I still may run into the original owners. We live in a " small" community. I' m certain she' s a Brittany spaniel now. I' ve had enough time to watch her actions. She is so attached to me, I can' t go anywhere without her. As soon as I get a non-windy, non-rainy day I' m going to take her fishing. I' d like to see a picture of this old man and that cute little dog trolling for trout in a camoflaged goose hunting boat. LOL

critch
Old 05-10-2003, 09:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well done brother! Enjoy! like I said I can' t wait!!!!![:-]
Old 05-10-2003, 05:40 PM

Congratulations Critch, I hope she will work out well for you.

Michael