Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Sporting Dogs
 go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back >

go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back

Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back

Old 03-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back

Let me get this straight. You are asking whether it is wrong to enter land after darkthat you don't own nor have permission to step foot on, carry your firearm with you, and take an animal while you are doing so?

Yes, it is wrong. Not only is it wrong, but it is illegal and extremely dangerous. In Texas you can legally shoot a trespasser at night in defense of private property, regardless of whether they are armed or attack you. Regardless of what state you are in, a person who is ARMED and trespassing at night is very likely to get shot, especially if you are hunting with a handgun. And the prosecutor's office will likely deem it a justifiable homicide.

These kind of actions give all hunters a bad name and contribute to the increasing push for government regulation. Your dogs really like to run?!?Well gosh-darn, I guess that entitles you to disregard landowners rights, as if no one else has a dog that likes exercise.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BetterBirddogs

Let me say first that I run birddogs and while they run big they are no where near a hound. Having said that, if you don't have any control over your dogs then don't turn them loose. If I were a landowner and I find the dogs on my place treed they are gettin' killed and if I find you there illegally your going to jail for criminal tresspassing and poaching. I have permission to run dogs on a lot of ground here at my place and I keep my dogs on the places I can run. You need to do the same as a responsible dog owner. Guys like you who let their dogs run all over hell and back are the reason many guys can't get on places to run dogs anymore.

anyone that shoots a dog, should be shot themselves.

i dont hunt on privateland but if my dog went on it by mistake and someone shot it, YOU ARE DEAD, ITS THAT SIMPLE.[:@]
Old 03-31-2009, 05:08 AM
Fork Horn

Whatever a$$hole. Keep your dog off my place and I'll do the same. Everyone is so tough over the net. You're a damn moron.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whatever a$$hole. Keep your dog off my place and I'll do the same. Everyone is so tough over the net. You're a damn moron.

we used to have name for people that did that.

dog killer

by the way, there is guy going to jail right now in pittsburgh for shooting 3 beagles in front of owner who was on publicland and his dogs chased rabbit on toHIS PRIVATELAND..
of course he tried to lie and say,DOGS WERE CHASING A DEER[:@]

from what i hear his roommate in prisonis BUBBA.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:18 AM
Typical Buck

I can't believe some of these comments. A coon dog can't read posted signs, and around january through march the coon are rutting, which means a boar coon will run for miles on end before running up a tree. Trust me, I know, I've spent too many long nights this time of year listening to my dogs run a boar coon for hours. Not slow dogs either, I'm talking hounds that can drift a track on the run. Thats just how it is hunting this time of year. You can't control where that coon runs; and if you've got a halfway decent dog he is going to follow that coon every step of the way. It has nothing to do with controlling your dog.You hit him with a shock collar while hes on track and you run the risk of ruining that dog. Some can be called off track, some can't.If my dog runs off of my property and trees on someone elses, you better believe I'm going to get my dogs before I go home. Now I won't shoot out that coon, because its not my property, but I will retrieve my dog. And the law is behind me on this one. In Georgia, we have what is called the right to retrieve law. That allows hound hunters to legally trespass just long enough to get their dogs, but it is illegal to kill any animal on land that is not yours. So, in my opinion, you have every right to go and get that dog. I have just over a thousand acres of private land, and I wouldn't mind a bit if someone elses dog ran onto my property and they walked in to get him. JMO.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

a friend of mine was running his beagles last year on privateland he had permission.

his 1 beagle went onto neighbors land after rabbit.

he saw a shotgun come out the kitchen window.

he yelled, buddy you better not do that.

guy pulled gun back into house.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let me say first that I run birddogs and while they run big they are no where near a hound. Having said that, if you don't have any control over your dogs then don't turn them loose. If I were a landowner and I find the dogs on my place treed they are gettin' killed and if I find you there illegally your going to jail for criminal tresspassing and poaching. I have permission to run dogs on a lot of ground here at my place and I keep my dogs on the places I can run. You need to do the same as a responsible dog owner. Guys like you who let their dogs run all over hell and back are the reason many guys can't get on places to run dogs anymore.
Youra real genius. This may be the dumbest post I've read in my three years of being a member on this site.

Coon hounds do what they're trained to do. In my 12 years of coon hunting I've never had a coon play by your rules, Betterbird. Meaning that coon never stopped at the property line that he knew the dog's permission ran out and ran up the tree for him. The same goes for the dog too. He can't read property lines and tresspassing signs. Coon hunting is far from bird hunting. Your dogs are constantly in your sight. When coon hunting you turn a dog loose and he goes and finds the track wherever it may be and you never know where it may end up.

I've had my dogs tree a bunch of times on other peoples property. If I could get to them I went and got them. I never shot the coon out if I wasn't supposed to be there. Call it what you will. I'm going to get my dogs. I will apologize and ifyou want to press charges I will pay the fine. It's a part of coonhunting that sadly happens from time to time.

People with feable minds of betterbird are what give people in general a bad name. To shoot a dog that is doing what he is trained to do that is not hurting a dang thing is idiocricy at it's best.

Answer me this BBD, what do you say to the guy who put a load of lead through your bird dog right in front of your face? Don't say it would never happen because you have "total" control of your dogs. B.S., I'm not buying it. I've seen bird dogs jump a deer and take right off after it. So, what do you say to the landowner that just shot your dog for tresspassing? Please enlighten us all.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

look what happened to young kid 19 years old that shot a guys birddog at 30 yds in field WITH FULL ORANGE VEST ON.

the kid tried to escape ON ILLEGAL 4 WHEELERafter he did it but dog owner shot him in back.

kid said, I THOUGHT IT WAS COYOTE
Old 04-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Fork Horn

You dudes can say what you want. I have the right in Kansas and to shoot dogs that are on my place and I will DO SO ALL THE TIME whether you are chasing them or not. Then I'll throw your dog in my dumpster. Sucks for you. The simple way to keep your dogs alive is to keep control of them. Am I the only one who sees it as being illegal and wrong for you dumbasses to run your dogs on my place without my consent. None of you has any stones at all if you can't look at tresspassing and say that it is wrong. It will cost your dog his life if you tresspass on my place. TRY IT AND FIND OUT!
Old 04-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Typical Buck

I see this type of thing a lot:

"Dogs can't read no tresspassing signs"

"Coons don't stop at property lines"

"Thats just the way it goes sometimes"

"I can't shock them, it might ruin the dog"

It is as if people wash their hands completely of any responsibility they have for turning a dog loose in a manner which they have no control over it.

Quick Reply: go and get'em or try like hell to call'em back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.