Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

GSP ?

Old 02-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Spike

Default GSP ?

I'm looking into buying a GSP that is a year old . His parents are Buraes Whistlin Dixie and DixieLands Ble Gunner Rexx. I was wondering if any of you have heard of this bloodline? If so what do you know about them...Thanks!!
Old 02-14-2009, 05:49 PM

Default RE: GSP ?

I got a GSP out of the Dixielands and moosegaards line. she is a bit smaller than the normal GSP... good house dog and great hunter.
Old 02-20-2009, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

If you are buying the dog at a year old to hunt with and not considering breeding, I would care very little about bloodline and more about seeing how the dog is in the field.
If buying only for hunting I think you would consider bloodlines only to know the dog will not develop an illness
Old 02-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Spike

birddog3412 is right I would not care about bloodlines at a year old I would want to see how it hunts and the bloodline is for illness recognition...