Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

Flea & Tick

Old 11-19-2007, 09:29 AM

Default Flea & Tick

What if everyone useing for there flea & tick control on there dogs? I used Hartz Advance Care and didnt like it. Made the dogs coat oily until I gave him a bath. What do you all use / recommend?
Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 AM

Default RE: Flea & Tick

Try frontline....I think it is pretty effective, and last about 30 days
Old 11-20-2007, 04:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Frontline Plus is GREAT. Us dog owners that have kennels use Bayer Tree & Shrub, it's very cost effective and works well, but is not intended for animal usage.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

K9 Advantix.
I have been using it on my 5 year old Springer since day #1.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: Jimmy S

K9 Advantix.

How well does advantix work on ticks? Here in florida my dog gets covered in them and I worry about disease.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:02 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jimmy S

K9 Advantix.

Jimmy,

I heard ticks weren't too bad in NH this past fall compared with the past few years? Is that true?
Old 12-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mustad

ORIGINAL: Jimmy S

K9 Advantix.

Jimmy,

I heard ticks weren't too bad in NH this past fall compared with the past few years? Is that true?
It depends on what part of NH. Some areas in southern NH near the coast are bad, while others are not. Seems to be about the same as in years past.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:10 AM

ok, this might sound a little hippie but we give our dogs left overs ( I personaly believe dogs live such a tragicly short life that a little people food is not gonna kill them, moderation being the key of course) with lots of garlic in it and we have never had fleas, I run a kennel and have never had a problem with them also we don't really have horrible ticks in this area so I guess we are pretty lucky...
Old 12-16-2007, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: lostmountainlabs

ok, this might sound a little hippie but we give our dogs left overs ( I personaly believe dogs live such a tragicly short life that a little people food is not gonna kill them, moderation being the key of course) with lots of garlic in it and we have never had fleas, I run a kennel and have never had a problem with them also we don't really have horrible ticks in this area so I guess we are pretty lucky...
I've heard of LOTS of garlic helping. I can see why!

Ticks were BAAAAD in VA this year, due to last seasons mild winter I'm guessing.
Old 01-15-2008, 05:11 AM

I've read a few horror stories on the internetabout K-9advantix side effects,causing damage to dogs. Has anyone here actually had any problems. I've been using it on my griff for months now, I wonder if going back to frontline would be better, since he doesn't come into contact with any ticks.

Quick Reply: Flea & Tick

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.