Community
Sporting Dogs What's the best dog for what type of game? Find out what other hunters think.

cushings disease?

Old 08-19-2007, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default cushings disease?

anyone have experience with this disease. my beagle in gonna be tested this week. shes panting and peeing all over the place. she also is drinking like 4xs the water. she just had some tumors removed so we have to wait a week for more tests.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: cushings disease?

well after tests i found out she has the disease. panting, shaking,peeing6- 8 times a day all over the place and drinking tons more water. looks like 2 pills a week for the rest of her life to control it. her mamory tumors came back negative for cancer. the vet said i should be glad because they are usually a 50-50 chance with this type tumor. the lumps and all her symptoms came on all in about a month. just thought i would let others know just in case they see this type behavior in there dogs.
Old 09-09-2007, 06:59 PM

Default RE: cushings disease?

2 pills a day doesn't sound near as bad as something more 'not fixable'... I hope everything goes along well with her.